phone mount
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

phone mount

This is a discussion on phone mount within the CLA Interior Styling forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hey, I just ordered this. Anyone have an idea of where would be the most ideal spot to place it? Steelie Car Mount Kit...

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 1 to 10 of 30
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: phone mount

  1. #1
    Friend myothercarhas200kmiles's Avatar
    Member #
    7067
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

    phone mount

    Hey, I just ordered this. Anyone have an idea of where would be the most ideal spot to place it?

    Steelie Car Mount Kit

  • #2
    Regular hnb48's Avatar
    Member #
    2602
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    417
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Here is my option:

    Name:  Steelie.jpg
Views: 3949
Size:  386.2 KB

    "Your mileage may vary"

  • #3
    Rookie PederHansen's Avatar
    Member #
    5368
    Join Date
    Mar 2014
    Location
    Omaha, NE, USA
    Posts
    61
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Name:  DSC05705.JPG
Views: 2145
Size:  3.13 MBName:  DSC05706.JPG
Views: 2132
Size:  3.39 MBName:  DSC05707.JPG
Views: 3284
Size:  3.11 MB

    This is my prototype for my phone mount. So far it is just a bent piece of thin plate with black Gorilla Tape, but I am making the pattern for a real carbon fiber version. The plate holding the actual phone is from a store bought version where I pulled off the back crews etc. It is held onto the mounting plate with 3M automotive tape. The neat thing is that the plate is just pushed down between the plastic dash piece and the cover plate for the vents. It is sturdy and does not vibrate. I had it resting on the upper dash piece, but put a small foam "dampener" in between. Check it out.

  • Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements
     

  • #4
    Friend myothercarhas200kmiles's Avatar
    Member #
    7067
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hnb48 View Post
    Here is my option:

    Name:  Steelie.jpg
Views: 3949
Size:  386.2 KB

    "Your mileage may vary"
    Nice! Cool that someone has the mount already. Convenient location but I wanted something more eye level...i was thinking maybe between the center vents

  • #5
    Friend myothercarhas200kmiles's Avatar
    Member #
    7067
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PederHansen View Post
    Name:  DSC05705.JPG
Views: 2145
Size:  3.13 MBName:  DSC05706.JPG
Views: 2132
Size:  3.39 MBName:  DSC05707.JPG
Views: 3284
Size:  3.11 MB

    This is my prototype for my phone mount. So far it is just a bent piece of thin plate with black Gorilla Tape, but I am making the pattern for a real carbon fiber version. The plate holding the actual phone is from a store bought version where I pulled off the back crews etc. It is held onto the mounting plate with 3M automotive tape. The neat thing is that the plate is just pushed down between the plastic dash piece and the cover plate for the vents. It is sturdy and does not vibrate. I had it resting on the upper dash piece, but put a small foam "dampener" in between. Check it out.
    Nice custom job. I like that location but I wanted my phone to be able to swivel sideways too

  • #6
    Regular hnb48's Avatar
    Member #
    2602
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    417
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by myothercarhas200kmiles View Post
    Nice! Cool that someone has the mount already. Convenient location but I wanted something more eye level...i was thinking maybe between the center vents
    I also have the following mount in the garage but have yet to install it:

    Mercedes Benz CLA-Class 2013-2015 ProClip Center Mount*-*ProClip USA

    You can pick your own holder and then affix it to the ProClip mount over your center vent. You should be able to purchase a variety of mounts in addition to the ProClip that would allow your phone to rotate from vertical to horizontal.

    "Your mileage may vary"

  • #7
    RSM
    RSM is offline
    Pro RSM's Avatar
    Member #
    4035
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hnb48 View Post
    I also have the following mount in the garage but have yet to install it:

    Mercedes Benz CLA-Class 2013-2015 ProClip Center Mount*-*ProClip USA

    You can pick your own holder and then affix it to the ProClip mount over your center vent. You should be able to purchase a variety of mounts in addition to the ProClip that would allow your phone to rotate from vertical to horizontal.

    "Your mileage may vary"
    Been using the Proclip since December. I posted pictures on another similar thread if one wants to bother to search along with installation tips.

  • #8
    Regular hnb48's Avatar
    Member #
    2602
    Join Date
    Sep 2013
    Posts
    417
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSM View Post
    Been using the Proclip since December. I posted pictures on another similar thread if one wants to bother to search along with installation tips.
    This thread got me off my rear end to put my ProClip mount to use. Until something more OEM comes along, I decided to install my Garmin ecoRoute HD that I had previously removed from my JCW MINI on the ProClip and set the gauge feature up. As an old fart, I really enjoy looking at gauges instead of depending on idiot lights.

    Name:  ecoRoute HD 11.jpg
Views: 2051
Size:  58.5 KB

    "Your mileage may vary"

  • #9
    Regular vaelin's Avatar
    Member #
    6521
    Join Date
    Jun 2014
    Location
    Menlo Park, CA
    Posts
    281
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    How's it pulling the data for the various gauges? Plug into ECU harness?
    2015 C63S - Rebellion Tuned
    2012 ML350 BlueTec
    2009 911 Turbo
    Previously:
    '14 CLA45, '08 Dinan BMW 135i, '06 Lexus IS350, '03 Ford Mustang SVT Cobra, and a bunch of 'family' cars

  • #10
    Friend myothercarhas200kmiles's Avatar
    Member #
    7067
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Posts
    104
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Nice, that proclip mount looks convenient, but Id prefer how to block the vents...im thinking about placing steelie toward the bottom, between the 2 left center vents

  • Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. How did you mount your front license plate?
      By benznut in forum CLA General Discussion
      Replies: 53
      Last Post: 09-04-2014, 04:15 PM
    2. ProClip mount for phone
      By hnb48 in forum CLA Interior Styling
      Replies: 17
      Last Post: 04-27-2014, 03:51 PM
    3. WTB: European Front License Plate Mount 52mm X 110mm
      By Andy_R in forum Parts for Sale / Wanted
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: 04-14-2014, 08:08 PM
    4. My iPhone5 Mount
      By hnb48 in forum CLA Interior Styling
      Replies: 14
      Last Post: 01-22-2014, 06:38 PM
    5. Euro Delivery and Front Mount Plate
      By wimend in forum Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG
      Replies: 19
      Last Post: 01-15-2014, 10:59 AM

    Search tags for this page

    cla phone holder

    ,

    mercedes cla phone mount

    ,
    mercedes cla phone vents
    ,
    phone holder
    ,

    steelie phone mount

    Click on a term to search for related topics.
    About Us
    We are a community dedicated to the all new Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA45 AMG. We offer Benz CLA Pictures, Aftermarket Accessory discussion, Questions and Answers and much more from CLA Owners across the world. Thank you for visiting the best CLA Forum on the Internet.
    Join us
    Register
    If you woud like to join our community simply click the following registration link: Register @ MercedesCLA.org