Aftermarket Battery replacement
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Aftermarket Battery replacement within the CLA Maintenance / Care / Detailing forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hi Everyone! I知 new to this forum and I知 hoping you can help me. I have a 2014 CLA 250 Edition 1. The batteries are ...

Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: Aftermarket Battery replacement

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

Hi Everyone!

I知 new to this forum and I知 hoping you can help me.
    I have a 2014 CLA 250 Edition 1. The batteries are now due for a battery replacement.
    Is it best to replace it with an aftermarket batteries or replace it with the oem battery? The dealer quoted me $432 for the main battery and auxillary battery. I want to save money and opt in for an aftermarket instead, however, I知 not sure if it will be a smart decision, I don稚 want my car to start acting up. Can you please advise me on what would be the best move? Also what aftermarket batteries are you guys recommending if I知 going the route of using aftermarket batteries?

Thank you.

-N

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    432 including install???

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Have you actually checked the prices of the aftermarket batteries for the CLA?

http://www.autozone.com/batteries-st...arging/battery

The price for both the main and auxillary batteries comes close to $400!!! And I would not recommend getting some cheap versions, especially for the auxillary battery which provides power to some sensitive electrical systems, such as the auto engine on/off .

So for $432 installed price, I think that's a deal!

I just had mine changed , but it was under warranty because the dealer screwed up when they serviced my car, and left some systems running over the night, drained both batteries flat.
    2015 CLA 250 cirrus white sports pkg, premium package, 18" AMG wheels

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Are you looking for a cheap aftermarket battery or a higher performance aftermarket battery?
    But as @mav238 stated $432 for both installed is not a bad price. Plus it's documented with the service dealer for any future problems/concerns.
    2014 Northern Lights Violet CLA 45 AMG
    Distronic Plus, Blind spot, Lane assist, Park assist
    Mods: Gloss Black Wrap front vent spoiler, Xpel Ultimate (full front) paint protection, AMG Grill badge, AMG door pins, PTP Turbo Blanket, pedal commander

Certified Meguiar's level 1 & 2 enthusiast detailer

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

... I was asking if 432 includes installation ... still need op feedback on that ... but either way my take is stick with the varta or bosch oem units

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by NLV45 View Post
    Are you looking for a cheap aftermarket battery or a higher performance aftermarket battery?
    But as @mav238 stated $432 for both installed is not a bad price. Plus it's documented with the service dealer for any future problems/concerns.

$432 is just the parts not including the installation. I知 not looking for cheap ones because I知 afraid that it will do harm to the car. I知 looking for a high performance aftermarket that won稚 mess up the electricals. Please advise. Thank you.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    432 including install???
    Hi! It does not come with the installation. I just inquired for the parts itself and have someone to do the the work. However I知 not sure what brand of battery that is best for my car but not really like expensive like the ones at the dealership. I wanted to get some inputs or is it best to just go for the benz oem parts? Thank you guys in advance

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nina87 View Post
    $432 is just the parts not including the installation. I知 not looking for cheap ones because I知 afraid that it will do harm to the car. I知 looking for a high performance aftermarket that won稚 mess up the electricals. Please advise. Thank you.
    Ahhh, gotcha. I'm surprised they are charging you an installation labor fee. Batteries are not that hard to install, but that's why there called stealerships lol.
    As for high performance batteries it depends on what route you want to go (racing, high audio equipment or longer legivity). AGM batteries are a good alterantive for all around. Bosch makes a good one. I think there are some lithiumion batteries out there but I haven't looked into them. But be advised, they are expensive.
    For the aux battery as @jmc said, stick with the OEM.
    Last edited by NLV45; 11-02-2017 at 08:16 PM.
    2014 Northern Lights Violet CLA 45 AMG
    Distronic Plus, Blind spot, Lane assist, Park assist
    Mods: Gloss Black Wrap front vent spoiler, Xpel Ultimate (full front) paint protection, AMG Grill badge, AMG door pins, PTP Turbo Blanket, pedal commander

Certified Meguiar's level 1 & 2 enthusiast detailer

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    The Varta F21 (oem unit) is specifically designed for start-stop (eco) systems ... I suppose others make something similar but I would stick with what works
    I did look for the newer lithium class car batteries ... though at >$1100 a pop I think I will stay with stock AGM batteries ... but they are 20lbs lighter 8-)

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nina87 View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    432 including install???
    Hi! It does not come with the installation. I just inquired for the parts itself and have someone to do the the work. However I?m not sure what brand of battery that is best for my car but not really like expensive like the ones at the dealership. I wanted to get some inputs or is it best to just go for the benz oem parts? Thank you guys in advance

I would recommend going with oem battery from dealership. Buy it and get it installed by a local mechanic.
    2015 CLA 250 cirrus white sports pkg, premium package, 18" AMG wheels

• Page 1 of 6 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links