Spark Plug change for CLA45 AMG M133 Engine
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Spark Plug change for CLA45 AMG M133 Engine

This is a discussion on Spark Plug change for CLA45 AMG M133 Engine within the CLA Maintenance / Care / Detailing forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Just changed my plugs this weekend on my 2015 CLA 45 amg, Service Manual states 60,000KMS, I did mine at 41,000 (I'm running a tuned ...

Thread: Spark Plug change for CLA45 AMG M133 Engine

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Lightbulb Spark Plug change for CLA45 AMG M133 Engine

Just changed my plugs this weekend on my 2015 CLA 45 amg, Service Manual states 60,000KMS, I did mine at 41,000 (I'm running a tuned engine, thought it might be advisable to up frequency of all maintenance items)

Here's the facts,
    I bought the plugs at the local dealer for $58 CDN. ( I'm still under warranty, other wise I would buy else where)
    Plug part numbers A 270 159 06 00 (Mercedes part number) or the number on the plug is NGK SILZKFR 8D7S
    No anti seize on the threads ( I had the parts guy print me off the Mercedes Service manual for this job)
    Yes, use spark plug connector grease on the coil boots. If you want Mercedes stuff it is A 002 989 80 51, I personally used DOW CORNING #4 Dielectric grease.
    22nm/195"lbs torque
    I purchased a 9/16 Universal joint thin wall spark plug socket from Princess Auto, $15.00 I think?(Canadian version of Harbour Freight)
    WARNING---- This socket did not work due to the fact the socket body was stepped, so when trying to insert the socket down the spark plug tunnel, it would end up being 5/8" from engaging, so I took it to my work and turned down the stepped portion on a lathe, then I was good to go, you need a full 2" of thin wall socket to get down to the plug, and defiantly needs a swivel to engage.
    There are a couple brackets that need to be removed to access two of the four ignition coils, but it very easy, when compared to the CLA 250's set up, there is very little to remove.
    The old plugs still looked good, very little erosion.
    Hope this helps out anyone with a CLA 45, thinking about doing their plugs.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Glad things worked out well ... yeah the 45 arrangement is a tad more convenient

• Sponsored Links