Contented with MB std Audio 20 system - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Contented with MB std Audio 20 system

This is a discussion on Contented with MB std Audio 20 system within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; @ Rapidfirerob - it was a little tongue in cheek request for sound trials. 😉. But it is not so much the bit rate of ...

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Like Tree2Likes

Thread: Contented with MB std Audio 20 system

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    @Rapidfirerob - it was a little tongue in cheek request for sound trials. 😉. But it is not so much the bit rate of interest ... it is the ability of the sound system to produce the slight differences between the analog (tape) features and those of the digital (mp3) sounds. If only there were a way to mount and isolate my trusty old direct drive turntable in the trunk! 😜
    European delivery 20140331

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    My technics is mounted to the dash. It's a bit tricky cleaning and changing albums while driving.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    @Rapidfirerob - it was a little tongue in cheek request for sound trials. . But it is not so much the bit rate of interest ... it is the ability of the sound system to produce the slight differences between the analog (tape) features and those of the digital (mp3) sounds. If only there were a way to mount and isolate my trusty old direct drive turntable in the trunk! 
    One area where the brick wall effect is evident is the overtones of cymbals, which can reach 70K. While humans supposedly cannot "hear" tones that high, we do perceive the difference in their absence vs presence. As a result, cymbals often lose their distinctiveness from other cymbals in 44.1 recordings.

An area more perceptible to most is the live "air" or sense of space in a room where a live recording takes place, which sometimes seems diminished in digital recordings.

Whether any of this matters in a moving vehicle with added road and engine noise probably depends on how distracted you are willing to drive.
    Last edited by 2katman2; 07-18-2015 at 10:16 AM.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    @Rapidfirerob - you have a technics? Wow you and I have museum pieces. My auto record dropper lets me stick to a trunk mount. 😝

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    @2katman2 - you are correct ... all the road and engine noise will bury any fine nuances one could normally perceive in a quiet setting, though sitting at a red light with all the glass closed and air blower on low, the 250 is quite the mobile sound stage with the HK. 😊. I tried some classics like Ride of the Valkyrie and it sounds pretty darn good!! Even Hotel California's intro is nice and sharp.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Technics direct drive. Not fancy, still works.1000 albums. Still believe vinyl sounds best, plus the wonderful art work.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    Technics direct drive. Not fancy, still works.1000 albums. Still believe vinyl sounds best, plus the wonderful art work.
    I lost 350 pounds in one weekend - ask me how.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Subway turkey sandwich?

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    Subway turkey sandwich?

2014 CLA 250 | Cirrus White | Black MB Tex Interior | Premium Package | Pano Roof | Bi-Xenons | 18" Wheels | Spoiler | Black Ash Wood Trim | Illuminated Star

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Lovely likeness, Yoshi.

• Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Sponsored Links