Panorama Roof Part II - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Panorama Roof Part II

This is a discussion on Panorama Roof Part II within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by Northern Al The next chapter! If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all. Monday I got a ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Panorama Roof Part II

Member #
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Al View Post
    The next chapter!

If it weren't for bad luck I wouldn't have any luck at all.

Monday I got a call from the dealer. They said my car was finished, the roof works great so, we washed it and put out in the lot. But, we're very sorry - someone backed into it. We're sending it to the body shop to have the rear bumper fixed and painted. It'll be a few more days. I reminded the service manager that I'm pretty particular about keeping my cars in pristine shape. He said he could tell by the 3 sets of floor mats and the condition it's always in when it comes in. He said the body shop is exceptional and promises it will be like it left the factory.

We'll see! I'll be giving it a very close inspection when I pick it up.
    So sorry! Did you get to see the damage?
    2015 CLA Jupiter Red, premium,multi media, driver assistance, sport packages. walnut dash, Bi-xenon lights, and ambient lights, delivery, 12/14.
    2012 Hyundai Genesis, red
    2006 Cadillac DTS, bronze
    2004 Cadillac DTS, blue
    2002Cadillac SLS, bronze
    1998 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, red
    1996 Cadillac Sedan DeVile, green
    1990 Buick Buick Park Avenue, Blue
    1984 Buick LeSabre, silver
    1977 Ford LTD, green
    1975 Ford Gran Torino, blue
    1972 Pontiac Ventura, gold
    1960 Rambler Ambassador, white

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Yikes! That made me cringe a little - I'm very particular about the condition of my prized possessions also so that would definitely freak me out! I'm right there with you in terms of bad luck, though.

I hope it gets fixed with the utmost love and care! If they were able to pick up on the level of care you provide to your vehicle, they should be prepared to take it back for a second run under the paint gun if it's not up to par.
    CLA250 4MATIC Sport Plus
    Ordered/Delivered: May 2015 / August 28, 2015
    Specs: Polar Silver Metallic | Sport Package Plus | Premium Package | Bi-Xenon Headlamps w/ LED Tail Lamps | Rear Deck Spoiler | Rearview Camera | Blind Spot Assist | Ambient Lighting (12 colors)
    Mods: SunTek Carbon Window Tint (50/35%) | XPEL Ultimate PPF | OEM MB All-Weather Floor Mats

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Geewhiz Al ... Hope from now on lady luck is nicer. I dont suppose they have pix of the damage? The concern is structural etc

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    8 Post(s)
    My pano roof makes all kinds of noises. I have had the car in countless times and they still can't fix it. I gave up. haha I will deal with this in the fall.
    CLA45 AMG Edition 1
    Toronto On.
    Instagram: amg_ed1

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The message you posted is too short.

Last edited by kkobashi; 08-20-2015 at 07:56 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    sorry to hear about your bad luck.

Agree with others, You should take pictures of the damage and request a copy of all the paperwork and repairs. Also was enough damage done that this will show up on a carfax report? if so, they should compensate you for loss of value if the accident is going to impact resale value.

Good luck.

Rapidfirerob likes this.
    2014 CLA 250 | Cirrus White | Black MB Tex Interior | Premium Package | Pano Roof | Bi-Xenons | 18" Wheels | Spoiler | Black Ash Wood Trim | Illuminated Star

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    @Northern Al - do hope all gets fixed pronto. BTW does it look like a mess to get to the motor? Or did they yank off the glass from the top to get to it? Just curious cuz mine is doing this inconsistent noise thing ...
    First, thanks to all for your concerns, comments & suggestions.

Got the car back and all is good. The bumper damage was small, just chipped paint. The car that was backed into had no damage, the rim of it's light was what chipped mine. Roof works like new and the paint work looks like factory. No report to CarFax - no insurance involved.

Access to the motor is a big job, The entire headliner and both interior A & B pillar covers must be removed and then replaced. The motor is located in the roof in front of the pano. The glass isn't removed to replace the motor.
    Yoshi and Rapidfirerob like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Awesome, glad to hear it was minor and you got your car back and all is well!

demki likes this.
    2014 CLA 250 | Cirrus White | Black MB Tex Interior | Premium Package | Pano Roof | Bi-Xenons | 18" Wheels | Spoiler | Black Ash Wood Trim | Illuminated Star

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    @Northern Al - glad shes back all dolled up. Kinda figured it is an act of congress to get to the drive unit (sigh)

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    OK! Chapter III or is this IV?

I also had my windshield replaced (another long sad tale - genuine Mercedes windshield) while it was in the shop. It rained and now auto. wipers only go to slow or extremely slow even in a downpour on either auto setting.

Called the service manager and he checked with the glass installer, who said he put the sensor back where it should be. The manager said to make an appointment as they can regulate wiper speed settings with a software program. They are very accommodating and always give me a great loaner but, it's a 2-1/2 hour drive. :-(

Will let you know if it works!
    tmwei396 likes this.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links