2014 CLA250 waterpump issues? - Page 3
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

2014 CLA250 waterpump issues?

This is a discussion on 2014 CLA250 waterpump issues? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; when he said something was stuck open I wonder if that was the thermostat. And reference the fumes, anti-freeze has that sickening sweet smell to ...

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast
Like Tree18Likes

Thread: 2014 CLA250 waterpump issues?

Member #
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)
    when he said something was stuck open I wonder if that was the thermostat. And reference the fumes, anti-freeze has that sickening sweet smell to it. Did it say on the repair order if they replaced the water pump or thermostat?

Member #
    Mentioned
    27 Post(s)

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Texas Dave View Post
    Lately, cars have gotten so complicated, I try to keep them in warranty. That said, I can't remember a car that I ever put 60,000 miles on. I rarely buy tires, and can't think of a time when I have replaced brake pads. My wife has tended to keep her cars much longer, but drives so little that she never needs tires or brakes either. My last car, the Genesis, was a three year lease that I turned in with 28,000 miles. Now that I am retired, this CLA will probably have less than 25,000 miles on it when I return it in January of 2018.
    Interesting... do you do a lot of walking or biking or something along that line? Do you not travel much around in your car, the USA is such a big country, great for taking long drives... especially when you have such a sweet car like the CLA.

Wow, never really had to replace brake pads... the town you live in must be pretty light in traffic as well... coast into the stop light , just in time for the red light to turn green and move on again... little impact on brake pads...

I can understand if its a vintage car, you might want to only drive it under certain conditions and in certain seasons of the year... but a nice new car like the CLA , needs to be enjoyed by driving it! JMHO...
    Texas Dave likes this.
    2015 CLA 250 cirrus white sports pkg, premium package, 18" AMG wheels

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by icwhatudidthere View Post
    Just bumping this thread. My water pump just went on a 2014 CLA 250. 19000 miles on it. Engine was cold then getting on the highway, the temp just started shooting up until it was in the red. I took about 20 sec to get to a safe spot to stop and turned engine off. No CEL or warning messages.

Dealer said coolant levels were fine but something was stuck open and they replaced the pump. Got it back today and so far it's ok, but it feels sluggish and there's a new smell, can't put my finger on it, but some kind of fumes.

It's a lease though and I'm turning it in in a few months (or maybe a few weeks if anything else pops up).
    I think I may be experiencing a water pump failure. I'll know on Monday when I bring my car in due to overheating. Where you able to drive your car to the dealer or did you have to have it towed?
    Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Pedal Commander,
    Daily driver: 2015 Silver Mazda 3s Touring Hatchback, 6-speed manual transmission

Member #
    Mentioned
    33 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mav238 View Post
    Interesting... do you do a lot of walking or biking or something along that line? Do you not travel much around in your car, the USA is such a big country, great for taking long drives... especially when you have such a sweet car like the CLA.

Wow, never really had to replace brake pads... the town you live in must be pretty light in traffic as well... coast into the stop light , just in time for the red light to turn green and move on again... little impact on brake pads...

I can understand if its a vintage car, you might want to only drive it under certain conditions and in certain seasons of the year... but a nice new car like the CLA , needs to be enjoyed by driving it! JMHO...
    I've never had a long commute, and now that I'm retired, I just don't pile up the miles. When we travel, we tend to fly. If we do drive, we tend to take the largest car, which is now my wife's Sonata. She doesn't fully appreciate the sport suspension in my CLA. Each fall, I travel back to Virginia to watch my grandsons play football. I've always flown, but this year I'm going to drive the 1500 miles, and while I'm there, I'll be able to spend some time driving skyline drive and the blue ridge parkway. When it is time to come home, we will take our time, visiting various friends and places we haven't been on the east coast. This is all possible because I'm halfway through my lease, and not yet at 12,000 miles.
    RSM likes this.
    2015 CLA Jupiter Red, premium,multi media, driver assistance, sport packages. walnut dash, Bi-xenon lights, and ambient lights, delivery, 12/14.
    2012 Hyundai Genesis, red
    2006 Cadillac DTS, bronze
    2004 Cadillac DTS, blue
    2002Cadillac SLS, bronze
    1998 Cadillac Sedan DeVille, red
    1996 Cadillac Sedan DeVile, green
    1990 Buick Buick Park Avenue, Blue
    1984 Buick LeSabre, silver
    1977 Ford LTD, green
    1975 Ford Gran Torino, blue
    1972 Pontiac Ventura, gold
    1960 Rambler Ambassador, white

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tmwei396 View Post
    I think I may be experiencing a water pump failure. I'll know on Monday when I bring my car in due to overheating. Where you able to drive your car to the dealer or did you have to have it towed?
    I had it towed. Just call Roadside Assistance and they'll set it up.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Yup. It was the water pump.
    Black CLA250 - Premium, Multimedia, Sport, Panorama roof, Bi-Xenon, Window Tinting (50%/35% Front/Rear), Pedal Commander,
    Daily driver: 2015 Silver Mazda 3s Touring Hatchback, 6-speed manual transmission

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Problem solved. Glad that's it.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

2014 CLA250 waterpump issues?

Wow thats about half dozen water pump failures noted on this forum ...

Did you happen to notice if the impeller is metal or plastic in the old and new pumps?????
    European delivery 20140331

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Wow thats about half dozen water pump failures noted on this forum ...

Did you happen to notice if the impeller is metal or plastic in the old and new pumps?????
    I was not there on the shop floor when they made the diagnosis. I was at work so I have no idea what the impeller is made of nor will I be able to see what the new one is made of. I just hope that the new pump is an improvement to the old one being replaced.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

• Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 5 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links