Kids - Page 5
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Kids

This is a discussion on Kids within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by ScottC I don't make a habit of telling people what they want to hear just for the sake of getting along. Telling ...

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast
Like Tree36Likes

Thread: Kids

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    I don't make a habit of telling people what they want to hear just for the sake of getting along.
    Telling 'em to do something they've already excluded is pissing in the wind.
    Why not offer a suggestion that might actually help her get something that she enjoys?
    There are, after all, plenty of alternatives to SUVs that are both more fun and safer.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    If you read my post I never told her to do anything. I offered my personal experience and stated that I strongly prefer my Tahoe when it's more than 2 people in the car.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 CLA250 - Mountain Gray - Sport Plus - Premium - Multimedia - Panorama - BiXenon - Spoiler - Illuminated Star

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    @cg_mom
    FYI the newer Q50 has the same engine that is in the CLA, similar vehicle class, and maybe an option
    European delivery 20140331

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    I would be anxious to hear what is safer than a mercedes?

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by cg_mom View Post
    There are plenty of companies that offer cars with comparable safety ratings as Mercedes (if not better ones). You can't really focus on the brand itself. You need to look at the individual models. You can check the NHTSA site (Home | Safercar -- National Highway Traffic Safety Administration (NHTSA)) for comparisons or check sites like Edmunds, JD Powers, etc. that also offer safety ratings information.

-Eric
    Lien likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    The only reason I was considering this car was because it is typically 4 of us: my 12 year old in the front and the two smaller kids in the back. I don't have to have a new vehicle as I mentioned; I just love this car. It is the only thing on the market that I like. It looks like I will be hanging on to the infiniti.
    4 people will fit comfortably in the CLA, I just can't see 3 kids fitting comfortably in the back with car seats. The trunk is surprisingly large for car this size. Get the CLA and take your husband's truck when it's the entire family. I take my wife's BMW X3 when we need more space but otherwise my CLA for the 3 of us.

I love this car as well! I went from a larger BMW 530xi to the CLA45 without a single regret.
    2014 CLA 45 AMG
    2011 BMW X3
    2002 Porsche 911 Carrera

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    You misunderstood. I said, "There are, after all, plenty of alternatives to SUVs that are both more fun and safer."

SUVs, contrary to what our lizard brain tells us, are not as safe as passenger cars.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ScottC View Post
    If you read my post I never told her to do anything. I offered my personal experience and stated that I strongly prefer my Tahoe when it's more than 2 people in the car.
    If you read my post, you'll notice that it was not a reply to yours, and didn't quote you.

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DavidCLA250 View Post
    I would have to disagree with all of these other opinions. The car would be fine. I've packed 5 people in the back before. (Please don't ask why). And usually my friends who are 6 foot/5'9 etc sit in the back and they all have done fine. As long as you aren't going cross country or to anther state. The care will be perfectly fine. If you aren't comfortable getting an SUV, then don't get the Gla250. But personally, the cla will be fine. The spacing seems smaller than what it is if you calculate the dimensions, and the reason for it feeling small, is mainly because of the top roof end. It drops more suddenly, causing it to feel tighter. But for kids, you will be perfectly fine. And as a mom who wants something a bit sportier, I think it's perfect. You will enjoy the car. Just make sure the kids will be behaved in the car lol. I know from experience, kids can get a bit roughy back there.
    David, I don't know how old you are but I'm guessing you don't have kids. lol

There was a time ages ago (BK) when I'd stick even 4 people in my backseat and say "yeaaah, sure, there's plenty of room." Hell, I sold my wife on buying our 911 under the premise that it has a backseat large enough to accommodate our whole family of 4. Everyone fits...but, there's a reason it's not my only car...and, sadly, we can't take it on long trips. I don't think anyone has said you can't fit 3 in the back of the CLA. You can. The question is, if you know you're going to do it 100 or more days/yr, is the CLA really the right vehicle for the job? There's a (good) reason all of the parents are chiming in, "no."

-Eric

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

Kids

Well the Q50 cant be that bad 😜
    Not as eye catching maybe ...
    European delivery 20140331

• Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 3 4 5 6 7 LastLast

Sponsored Links