If you could change one thing about the CLA you would...
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on If you could change one thing about the CLA you would... within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; "The CLA takes on an aggressive stance with its arched silhouette and strong character lines, though its relatively narrow width and surprisingly skinny tires betray ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: If you could change one thing about the CLA you would...

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

"The CLA takes on an aggressive stance with its arched silhouette and strong character lines, though its relatively narrow width and surprisingly skinny tires betray its otherwise imposing road presence."- KBB

Personally i would give it the dimensions/stance of a audi a5/s5 i find those dimensions so sexy. The wide stance, wide tires i've always been a sucker for cars that have that wide look. Yum. I hope the CLA doesn't look wimpy due to the
    skinny tires and the narrow width. Time will tell since I haven't seen one in real life. But for those of you that have whats your opinion on it? Also what would you guys change about the CLA?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by moneyB View Post
    "The CLA takes on an aggressive stance with its arched silhouette and strong character lines, though its relatively narrow width and surprisingly skinny tires betray its otherwise imposing road presence."- KBB

Personally i would give it the dimensions/stance of a audi a5/s5 i find those dimensions so sexy. The wide stance, wide tires i've always been a sucker for cars that have that wide look. Yum. I hope the CLA doesn't look wimpy due to the
    skinny tires and the narrow width. Time will tell since I haven't seen one in real life. But for those of you that have whats your opinion on it? Also what would you guys change about the CLA?
    I'd have a fixed torque split like the E63 wherby 67% of drive goes to the rear wheels, and 33% goes to the front. This would make the car more fun to drive given the RWD bias but still allow the car to handle winter conditions.

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    If I could change one thing I would have them make only one... built specifically and exclusively for me for free.

-Eric
    RSM likes this.
    @SueEsponte.Photography...........@Red45AMG.................@SquishMyRide
    ................................................................................

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I've seen a white one and it looks very beautiful. So much so that I'm guessing there will be lots of white ones and I want a amg. I don't want mine to look like all the 250s people are going to have.

In fact I'm torn, I would rather pay extra for the Patagonia red if it means more exclusivity then white, but not at the expense of diminished looks. I want the best looking color/s. and if absolutely nothing does justice to the lines of this car quite like the white then I'm going to have to get the amg white and not worry about other white 250s. For example, the audi a7! I've seen seen a lot of colors of that car in person and every one of them are far short of the beauty a white a7 has. If the cla is going to be similar and white ones will be inifinitely more sexy then other colors regardless of extra money spent. Then I'm going to have to get white.

Has anyone seen both a white and Patagonia red in real life? Please tell me about it!
    Last edited by kanusingh; 07-14-2013 at 12:26 PM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i would have liked the CLA to come with the full suite of safety systems that at least the C class gets; nameless PRE SAFE/PRE SAFE BRAKE, Active Blind Spot and Lane Keeping Assist. We are only offered the option of passive systems and no PRE-SAFE, at least in the USA. Also the car really needs KEYLESS-GO...
    shazada and Kalps like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    What is the difference between the active blind spot and the one offered for the cla?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    My dealer has a white Urban line in the showroom. It looks very nice and does justice to the lines of the CLA. Although it is not as white as Audi white! It is a little 'off-white' with a hint of yellow in it.
    I have chosen the white color as well, but after long hesitation, because of the yellowish look. I believe the CLA45 AMG is brighter white, because it is metallic?!

If I could change anything about the CLA, I wish the White was whiter or the Jupiter Red was more red like Ferrari Red... (but only one of those, otherwise I would still have difficulty choosing)

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by SuperCLA View Post
    My dealer has a white Urban line in the showroom. It looks very nice and does justice to the lines of the CLA. Although it is not as white as Audi white! It is a little 'off-white' with a hint of yellow in it.
    I have chosen the white color as well, but after long hesitation, because of the yellowish look. I believe the CLA45 AMG is brighter white, because it is metallic?!

If I could change anything about the CLA, I wish the White was whiter or the Jupiter Red was more red like Ferrari Red... (but only one of those, otherwise I would still have difficulty choosing)
    Ooh. I did not know the amg cars white was exclusive! Your in the u.s.?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by kanusingh View Post
    What is the difference between the active blind spot and the one offered for the cla?
    i'll explain it this way: My dad has a C250 with the Driver Assistance Package ($3000 option). That has PRESAFE with PRESAFE BRAKE, DISTRONIC PLUS, Active Blind spot and Lane Keeping Assist. The active blind spot assist will prevent you from moving into your blind spot by gently braking the rear wheels, if you chose to ignore or dont head the warnings given by the system...i.e it will actively take you away from hitting a car in your blindspot. I also believe it will move you away if another car has the potential to hit you in your blind spot. I know this more than likely happened to me the first day we had the car.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Ohhh. Darn. They should only offer active. Why sell the outdated lesser version still? I know! Profits!

• Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links