Apple carplay for COMMAND NTG5.1 - retrofit?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Apple carplay for COMMAND NTG5.1 - retrofit? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; So is there a resolution to the question of whether a retrofit is possible for CLA 250s with MY15, and COMMAND NTG5.1? Is there a ...

Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Apple carplay for COMMAND NTG5.1 - retrofit?

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)

So is there a resolution to the question of whether a retrofit is possible for CLA 250s with MY15, and COMMAND NTG5.1?

Is there a part that can be purchased, and firmware updates required?

If anyone has this info, can you please provide the relevant part nos.? I would like to have this installed at my dealer, but would need to know the right part nos. for it.
    2015 CLA 250 cirrus white sports pkg, premium package, 18" AMG wheels

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Car play

Should be able to, I had my MY2015 CLA 45 with command retrofitted by Three Point in Victoria.
    Cost around $300 CDN. I was the first one at the dealership to have it done, so there was a few issues, but works great, now,and worth every penny. They remove your existing USB hub, and install a modified version, and all the rest is software. Get your dealer to call them if there are any questions.

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DHC6Fixer View Post
    Should be able to, I had my MY2015 CLA 45 with command retrofitted by Three Point in Victoria.
    Cost around $300 CDN. I was the first one at the dealership to have it done, so there was a few issues, but works great, now,and worth every penny. They remove your existing USB hub, and install a modified version, and all the rest is software. Get your dealer to call them if there are any questions.

cool thanks.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    hi , couple of questions:

1. What is the part no. for the modified USB?

2. Does it come with Android auto?

3. Is the cost of CAD300 include labour and parts?

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Carplay install

1. PN=1 246 -820-38-00 Car play install kit.(consists of USB head and two cables, one lighting cable, and one Android cable I think....I'm a apple guy, so I'm assuming thats what its for??
    2. I have no idea if it does CarPlay and Android auto? But I thought there are people on this forum using the Android auto?
    3.Just pulled up my bill, it was $291.05 CDN in total. Parts=154.05 Labour=137.00 Seemed like a deal considering it is Mercedes we are talking about!
    Good luck!

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    1. PN=1 246 -820-38-00 Car play install kit.(consists of USB head and two cables, one lighting cable, and one Android cable I think....I'm a apple guy, so I'm assuming thats what its for??
    2. I have no idea if it does CarPlay and Android auto? But I thought there are people on this forum using the Android auto?
    3.Just pulled up my bill, it was $291.05 CDN in total. Parts=154.05 Labour=137.00 Seemed like a deal considering it is Mercedes we are talking about!
    Good luck!
    Thanks buddy.

You said you had some initial issues with the install. Care to describe?

I am trying to get my Richmond dealer to do the same for me.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

Car play install

No problems with Car play itself, I just happened to be the first person that wanted this retrofit installed in Victoria, so it was a learning experience for the techs to get the proper software installed, it involved contacting Germany for proper software/installation codes etc. CarPlay is far more intuitive than the original command system, particularly dictating tex messages and read back of incoming text messages.

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    No problems with Car play itself, I just happened to be the first person that wanted this retrofit installed in Victoria, so it was a learning experience for the techs to get the proper software installed, it involved contacting Germany for proper software/installation codes etc. CarPlay is far more intuitive than the original command system, particularly dictating tex messages and read back of incoming text messages.

Thanks.

I just contacted my Richmond Mercedes service and they confirmed that they can do the same, for the same cost that you quoted. But like you, they said this will be a first time for them and hence will be a learning experience for the install.

I will let them know that they will probably need to get the proper software installed by contacting Mercedes Germany tech folks.

I have booked the installation to be done the same time as my B service appt that was scheduled previously.

They said they will also install the Android auto software as an option, which will add another $80.00 of labour. The std installation only covers the apple CarPlay software.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

car play install

Hope it goes well for you, out of curiosity what does the Richmond dealer charge for B Service?

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I think its a std price, as indicated on the Mercedes.ca website. With brake fluid change + cabin filter change , it was $650 + tax.

• Page 1 of 10 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links