neutered after service
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

neutered after service

This is a discussion on neutered after service within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; CLA45 with renntech remap, ams intake. Went in for service and was told they did not do an ecu or tcu update. Power feels the ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Thread: neutered after service

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

neutered after service

CLA45 with renntech remap, ams intake.

Went in for service and was told they did not do an ecu or tcu update. Power feels the same overall but there's this one section of my drive home from work coming out of the freeway off ramp onto the road with lots of open space at about 50mph on 5th gear in auto mode. I used to accelerate and get a nice crisp downshift followed by explosive power, and now i get no downshift even after trying twice with full kickdown. It does accelerate while staying on the same gear..but feels totally lame now...

Any thoughts / suggestions? I already did the tranny reset steps.

So frustrating...I was finally happy with the car's performance after the remap etc....and now back to crap.

Could go back to renntech which would be half day off work at least and 200 miles round trip drive. Getting tired of the lack of consistency in performance...

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

neutered after service

Oh dude ... when they hook up the SDS (diagnostics) remaps are at their mercy ... updates are not the only reason bits get overwritten.
    Do you think you can get a complimentary remap?
    Think there was a thread where HG offers to redo after a wipe ... perhaps renn can do the same? Though it is a drive ... but worth it? 😜

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Oh dude ... when they hook up the SDS (diagnostics) remaps are at their mercy ... updates are not the only reason bits get overwritten.
    Do you think you can get a complimentary remap?
    Think there was a thread where HG offers to redo after a wipe ... perhaps renn can do the same? Though it is a drive ... but worth it? 
    Thanks for the input...I didn't realize parts of the map could be affected even without an update...yes I was advised by the sales rep when I got the map they would redo it at no charge...let's see if they honor that. It's not written anywhere...

Curious to hear from others who may have had this experience how it turned out...

Thanks!

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    So I tested it again today with the trans indicator showing so I could see what was happening...I was 40 mph in 5th gear coming off the ramp...I floored it and it downshifted to 3rd but the shift was imperceptible so that's why I thought it wasn't downshifting at all. I think the difference is that it used to downshift to 2nd and now it only goes to 3rd so it's a lot less power on kickdown than before.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neilman45amg View Post
    So I tested it again today with the trans indicator showing so I could see what was happening...I was 40 mph in 5th gear coming off the ramp...I floored it and it downshifted to 3rd but the shift was imperceptible so that's why I thought it wasn't downshifting at all. I think the difference is that it used to downshift to 2nd and now it only goes to 3rd so it's a lot less power on kickdown than before.
    Gearbox / torque map changed somewhere ...

Member #
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    Renntech will remap it. You just have to pay shipping.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Called renntech...they said since the transmission oil was changed it may have reset the adaptation, and to give it time to readjust to my driving style. I guess I'll wait and see...although I've been driving it pretty hard for a week already. They said it's either mapped or stock...and parts of the tune would not be affected in isolation.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Well...things did not improve....and I'm glad I trusted my gut that something was wrong and went back to Renntech. They confirmed the ecu was flashed back to stock, even though I was told by the dealer they did not touch the ecu and nothing was listed on the repair order about the ecu.

I knew after the dealer service somehow the 'fun factor' dropped quite a bit...but it wasn't that easy to tell the difference specially after having service done and not having driven the car for a few days while it was at the dealer. Things should be back to normal now...although this is going to be a real pain if it keeps happening in the future. I had to take the day off work and drive 200 miles round trip to renntech.

Other alternative would be to pay $160 round trip shipping and go through the hassle of removing the ecu and not having use of the car for a couple days.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by neilman45amg View Post
    Well...things did not improve....and I'm glad I trusted my gut that something was wrong and went back to Renntech. They confirmed the ecu was flashed back to stock, even though I was told by the dealer they did not touch the ecu and nothing was listed on the repair order about the ecu.
    Thats why I mentioned the issue with their SDS ... the tech may not need to initiate any reflash as some usage patterns puts everything back to stock before any work can be done (I found that out the hard way).
    Glad you got things resolved.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Thats why I mentioned the issue with their SDS ... the tech may not need to initiate any reflash as some usage patterns puts everything back to stock before any work can be done (I found that out the hard way).
    Glad you got things resolved.
    Yup...makes sense what you're saying...thanks for bringing it up...

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links