CLA gone...
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

CLA gone...

This is a discussion on CLA gone... within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hello all, After experiencing mud season with my CLA and losing shield parts on a regular basis, it was time to move to a higher ...

Like Tree16Likes
  • 5 Post By RSM
  • 1 Post By saxonjackson
  • 1 Post By jmc
  • 2 Post By RSM
  • 1 Post By Northern Al
  • 2 Post By RSM
  • 1 Post By jmc
  • 2 Post By Rick-F
  • 1 Post By jmc

Thread: CLA gone...

RSM
    Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)

CLA gone...

Hello all,

After experiencing mud season with my CLA and losing shield parts on a regular basis, it was time to move to a higher platform. So... I just traded it in for a CPO 2016 GLA 250 4matic. I plan on hanging around the forum and continuing to contribute and read about my first love, the CLA.

Given that it is on the same platform, with basically the same interior and engine, I am hoping that the forum administrators would consider adding an area for GLA owners.

Anyway, the CLA is gone but not forgotten!
    -Favorite Cars-
    2016 GLA 250 4Matic, Mountain Gray, Premium & Multi-Media, Blind Spot Assist, Illuminated Star, Pano Roof, Poplar wood trim, Dynamic suspension, Keyless Go, back up camera
    2014 CLA 250 4Matic, Polar Silver, Premium Package, Bi-Xenon Lights, Pano Roof, Blind Spot Assist, Burl Dash Insert. Comfort Suspension
    2014 CLA 250 FWD (traded in for Certified Pre-Owned AWD)
    2010 VW CC
    2004 VW Passat GLX-4motion
    2002 Subaru WRX
    1975 Saab 99GLE
    1971 Saab 99E

Member #
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    What shield parts did u lose ?

If life is a highway, then the car is ?
    RSM likes this.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSM View Post
    Hello all,

After experiencing mud season with my CLA and losing shield parts on a regular basis, it was time to move to a higher platform. So... I just traded it in for a CPO 2016 GLA 250 4matic. I plan on hanging around the forum and continuing to contribute and read about my first love, the CLA.

Given that it is on the same platform, with basically the same interior and engine, I am hoping that the forum administrators would consider adding an area for GLA owners.

Anyway, the CLA is gone but not forgotten!
    Oh of course don't go anywhere man, where else can you get way too much information to figure out what to read before doing anything? 8-)
    Do tell us more about the GLA first hand ... I test drove the GLA45 when it first came out and aside from being a tad slower it was still a "hot hatch" type of drive ...
    So you think those extra height millimeters will make a difference? Heh!
    RSM likes this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

RSM
    Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    It is a full four inches higher, which means that much less mud is caking to the bottom of everything! the cockpit is pure CLA. I felt like I was at home when I slid behind the wheel. It is not a fast as the CLA but that is probably due to a high curb weight. It rides like a dream and still moves out when you stomp on the pedal. The GLA has a dynamic ride function and even with the 18" tires in comfort setting the suspension absorbs the bumps nicely. There is also less road noise, probably due to being higher off the ground. It also came with lots of bells and whistles that the 2014 did not have. Truthfully I wish I could have kept both but then again I did not win the lottery last week. I do intend to stick around. Lots of the CLA advice applies to the GLA. And I will keep you posted on my new MB adventure.
    Rapidfirerob and jmc like this.
    -Favorite Cars-
    2016 GLA 250 4Matic, Mountain Gray, Premium & Multi-Media, Blind Spot Assist, Illuminated Star, Pano Roof, Poplar wood trim, Dynamic suspension, Keyless Go, back up camera
    2014 CLA 250 4Matic, Polar Silver, Premium Package, Bi-Xenon Lights, Pano Roof, Blind Spot Assist, Burl Dash Insert. Comfort Suspension
    2010 VW CC
    2002 Subaru WRX
    1975 Saab 99GLE
    1971 Saab 99E

RSM
    Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    One of the smaller ones in the front was ripped off by a particularly large mud rut and another had a chunk taken out of it. Mud is only somewhat forgiving.
    -Favorite Cars-
    2010 VW CC
    2002 Subaru WRX
    1975 Saab 99GLE
    1971 Saab 99E

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    It is a full four inches higher, which means that much less mud is caking to the bottom of everything! the cockpit is pure CLA. I felt like I was at home when I slid behind the wheel. It is not a fast as the CLA but that is probably due to a high curb weight. It rides like a dream and still moves out when you stomp on the pedal. The GLA has a dynamic ride function and even with the 18" tires in comfort setting the suspension absorbs the bumps nicely. There is also less road noise, probably due to being higher off the ground. It also came with lots of bells and whistles that the 2014 did not have. Truthfully I wish I could have kept both but then again I did not win the lottery last week. I do intend to stick around. Lots of the CLA advice applies to the GLA. And I will keep you posted on my new MB adventure.
    Nice ride - Congrats!

Had one during my last service and was very impressed. Great ride and handling for a crossover. Real nice styling and liked the additional head room in the rear.

I do feel your pain regarding road clearance. Just had a lower panel fixed under the front passenger seat in the CLA. No idea why it was hanging down.

We need to replace our 2006 Highlander/Limited and briefly considered one but, we need towing and more space in the rear. Settled on a GLC-300 4Matic instead for the utility of it. Was tempted by the GLC-300 Coupe but, again less room in the way-back, back seat and $3K more.

Glad you're sticking around!
    RSM likes this.

RSM
    Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Yeah, I enjoy everyone on this forum too much to leave. I will be putting a tow hitch on the car. I will like seeing the looks on people's faces when I drive by with a Benz followed by a trailer loaded with hay bales.
    Northern Al and Clallan like this.
    -Favorite Cars-
    2010 VW CC
    2002 Subaru WRX
    1975 Saab 99GLE
    1971 Saab 99E

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    I will like seeing the looks on people's faces when I drive by with a Benz followed by a trailer loaded with hay bales.
    Oh hell why not?? 😜😋
    RSM likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    . . . Benz followed by a trailer loaded with hay bales.
    Those 208 horses need to eat too!
    pa4ul and RSM like this.
    2014 CLA250 | Cirrus White | GFB DV+ | Premium Package | CF Mirror Covers | CF Spoiler | Burl Walnut Trim | Illuminated Star | Black Vinyl Roof l Wrap | Sprint Booster

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick-F View Post
    Those 208 horses need to eat too!
    And can you imagine some of us folks with piggys onboard and even more horses?!
    RSM likes this.

• Sponsored Links