Congratulations are in order! - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Congratulations are in order!

This is a discussion on Congratulations are in order! within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by RSM So after buying a GLA 250 4matic out of sad necessity (my CLA undercarriage was not fond of Vermont dirt roads ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree21Likes

Thread: Congratulations are in order!

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSM View Post
    So after buying a GLA 250 4matic out of sad necessity (my CLA undercarriage was not fond of Vermont dirt roads and mud season) I signed up for two GLA forums. Needless to say compared to this place, using them is like watching paint dry. I am so impressed with the level of participation and interest here. So I guess I will just keep hanging around!
    Congrats on your new ride! Very glad to hear you're hanging in with us.

I totally understand the need for the body style change up here in the rural frozen North.

Our 2006 Highlander Limited hit the 160K mark and started nickle & dimeing us to death so, we went on the hunt for a replacement. I had also gotten a GLA as a loaner during a service and liked what they had done with it over time. New 9-speed tranny, better response, additional driving modes, etc. Suggested it to my wife but she thought it was a little too small. She wanted another Highlander with the third row seating like the one she had. Then she found out a new Limited had sky-rocketed in price (the old supply & demand thing). It was actually more than the GLC300. I suggested she look at the the GLC if she considered the GLA a bit small. It took a lot of convincing and a couple of test drives but she finally came around.

She now loves the new GLC300. She says; "It's much better than my old Highlander, and it's incredible in the snow!" "It's like driving on dry pavement in the summer even during a blizzard!"

Since our "perma-snow" (now through March) has arrived the CLA is resting quietly only to be used when the roads are clean & dry through the winter season. She's allowing me to drive "her" car and it is awesome. Great ride and handling, 9-speed is smooth as silk, amazing vehicle - no regrets!

Well maybe just one. Unfortunately, still battling with the damn "eco" button - though, now designated as the "A" button. It's in a less obvious place on the console so, I forget to disengage it and find myself cursing again at stop lights. Mercedes also now makes you turn off the "A" button more than before as it resets every time you change driving mode. Before it was only after turning off the car and re-starting.
    Last edited by Northern Al; 12-24-2017 at 07:02 AM.
    RSM likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    P.S.

Sadly, somebody forgot to install the door gaps in her car!!

We've complained to the zone office and we're trying to get some sort of rebate or a free service.
    RSM and Rapidfirerob like this.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Al View Post
    P.S.

We've complained to the zone office and we're trying to get some sort of rebate or a free service.
    Oh ... yeah ... its still new ... complain about something get new Raybans
    Rapidfirerob and RSM like this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Al View Post
    P.S.

Scandalous! Heads will roll!
    RSM likes this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    Scandalous! Heads will roll!
    Windows will roll!
    RSM and Rapidfirerob like this.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2katman2 View Post
    Windows will roll!
    That is always desirable.
    2katman2 likes this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Big wheel keep on turnin'...
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links