CarPlay/Android Auto installation!
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on CarPlay/Android Auto installation! within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hey guys!! When I bought my 2017 Mercedes CLA250 a few months back, I was shocked to find out that Apple CarPlay wasn't supported! I ...

Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree3Likes

Thread: CarPlay/Android Auto installation!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hey guys!!

When I bought my 2017 Mercedes CLA250 a few months back, I was shocked to find out that Apple CarPlay wasn't supported! I wasn't sure why my specific model didn't have the capabilities for it while others did, but I was told by MBrace that it wasn't something I can add-on. Thats when my hunting for a solution started. After doing a quick google search, I came across youtube videos that claimed all it took was a simple OBD plugin! Most of the videos had international phone numbers to text or call if interested in purchasing one and no real information on the product itself, such as the car models supported. I ended up on a website called Aliexpress.com . After reading a few reviews about the site, I learned that most of the products are cheap and the shipping takes forever... essentially getting what you paid for and that they won't steal your credit card info in the process.

I attached a link to the product I purchased,

[Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Activation Tool]

After waiting approx. 10 days, it not only arrived, but it works FLAWLESSLY!!

#INYOURFACEMBRACE

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Interesting, do you have the multimedia package? Also how was the installation?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    i just bought an Apple Carplay ODB II Module from eBay too.. waitting for it to arrive..
    gcastellana likes this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcastellana View Post
    Hey guys!!

When I bought my 2017 Mercedes CLA250 a few months back, I was shocked to find out that Apple CarPlay wasn't supported! I wasn't sure why my specific model didn't have the capabilities for it while others did, but I was told by MBrace that it wasn't something I can add-on. Thats when my hunting for a solution started. After doing a quick google search, I came across youtube videos that claimed all it took was a simple OBD plugin! Most of the videos had international phone numbers to text or call if interested in purchasing one and no real information on the product itself, such as the car models supported. I ended up on a website called Aliexpress.com . After reading a few reviews about the site, I learned that most of the products are cheap and the shipping takes forever... essentially getting what you paid for and that they won't steal your credit card info in the process.

I attached a link to the product I purchased,

[Apple CarPlay and Android Auto Activation Tool]

After waiting approx. 10 days, it not only arrived, but it works FLAWLESSLY!!

#INYOURFACEMBRACE
    Your radio was already up to date for Android Auto, the tool only activate it.

I tried this on mine and it didn't work.
    - Campagna T-Rex 2011
    - Mercedes CLA 45 AMG 4Matic 2015

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ak-cla View Post
    Interesting, do you have the multimedia package? Also how was the installation?
    I had the CMMD unit, once I bought the SD card for the navi, that worked as well. But for some reason I was told my car wasn't compatible for CarPlay or android auto! The install was super simple, just stick the OBD in and it reboots the entertainment system... when it boots, its all activated and working. (at least for me)

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by PooLeArMor View Post
    i just bought an Apple Carplay ODB II Module from eBay too.. waitting for it to arrive..
    EXCITING! keep us updated!
    Last edited by gcastellana; 04-08-2018 at 05:17 PM. Reason: typo

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David170 View Post
    Your radio was already up to date for Android Auto, the tool only activate it.

I tried this on mine and it didn't work.
    I'm not too familiar with the Mercedes entertainment unit specifics, but it never gave me the option for Android auto or CarPlay before. The tool I purchased was indeed an activation tool (like you mentioned). Sorry to hear it didn't work on yours!! but regardless you're sporting a sick whip! Love the black/white combo!

Member #
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by gcastellana View Post
    I'm not too familiar with the Mercedes entertainment unit specifics, but it never gave me the option for Android auto or CarPlay before. The tool I purchased was indeed an activation tool (like you mentioned). Sorry to hear it didn't work on yours!! but regardless you're sporting a sick whip! Love the black/white combo!

Do you have a Android Auto/CarPlay on your USB box like that ? https://photos.app.goo.gl/nkKbJG9CACKOfTGj2
    gcastellana likes this.
    - Campagna T-Rex 2011
    - Mercedes CLA 45 AMG 4Matic 2015

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Do you have a Android Auto/CarPlay on your USB box like that ? https://photos.app.goo.gl/nkKbJG9CACKOfTGj2
    lol, I do!

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

So if my USB box looks like that my 2016 CLA can be updated with this activation tool for Android Auto?

• Page 1 of 4 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links