Final Warranty Service - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Final Warranty Service

This is a discussion on Final Warranty Service within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; yeah i mean geewhiz this is getting ridiculous ... an engine under factory warranty is covered for "defects in materials or workmanship" a bad seal ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree23Likes

Thread: Final Warranty Service

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    yeah i mean geewhiz this is getting ridiculous ... an engine under factory warranty is covered for "defects in materials or workmanship"
    a bad seal causing a leak is a material defect (bad batch) and/or workmanship (poor initial placement or torquing)
    i hope i never see a turbo line leak ... though afaik members who have had "leaks" of any sort under warranty just got them covered
    so oz really hope you find a "nicer" dealer!
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    p.s.
    the warranty book has pages which specifically calls out items which are NOT covered
    no wording on "turbo seals" (which is not a user serviceable part anyway)

now if you took apart your turbo and decided to use peanut butter instead to seal the lines well then you're on your own ... 8-)
    Rapidfirerob and DrOzCLA like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pa4ul View Post
    you cant go to an other dealership nearby? they seem to be avoiding warranty claims!
    I would, however I live out on the frontier in Far North Queensland, nearest dealer is about 4 1/2 hours drive South from me, so they have a captive market I am afraid. To be fair, the dealership have been fantastic to deal with over the past couple of years, it is just the timing of this leaves me a little stumped, as well as the decision process that saw a turbo leak ignored during an annual service and put back onto the customer for after-warranty correction. The service manager told me it was a 10 minute job to replace the seal, so if they found it during the service check, why not just take the 10 minutes and replace the seal then and there... it just grinds my gears. Paying for it is not the issue, it is the principle of the thing, and leaves a bad taste in my mouth after what has been a fantastic relationship with them thus far.
    2016 CLA250 SPORT Mountain Grey

Proud Supporter of 'The MB Gap'
    Charter Forum Member of the 'Rollicking Band of International Dimwits'.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Call them again and again. Bring the "warranty manual" with the part from JMC say.
    DrOzCLA likes this.
    - Campagna T-Rex 2011
    - Mercedes CLA 45 AMG 4Matic 2015

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Okay, power to the people! Just got off the phone with the service manager, first, I took the line that the vehicle should continue to be covered as I had purchased an extended warranty when I got it. He acknowledged this, however the initial "seal is not covered" discussion was run out again. I stopped him half way through, and thanks to @jmc had the appropriate warranty terminology on hand to fire back at him. I told him I had the internet on my side (ha ha) and that a fantastic relationship with the dealership thus far was in danger of being destroyed over a seal that probably costs them $5.00. He he has now agreed that it should have been completed at the service last week. Hallelujah! It is booked in for early January to have it fixed, UNDER WARRANTY... Praise be to MercedesCLA.org and all you fine people out there, if I was not on this forum I would not have been able to buy as many beers this month.
    Last edited by DrOzCLA; 12-13-2018 at 04:34 PM.
    Rapidfirerob, martonikaj and pa4ul like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Excellent! You owe jmc at least two beers, as many of us do! You definitely have to be proactive with these stealerships.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

Member #
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Could you imagine how many "non-cars" people they "scam" with the "sorry, it is not under warranty" when it is.. Money goes right in there pocket !

DrOzCLA likes this.
    - Campagna T-Rex 2011
    - Mercedes CLA 45 AMG 4Matic 2015

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    Excellent! You owe jmc at least two beers, as many of us do! You definitely have to be proactive with these stealerships.
    Absolutely agree! @jmc , if/when I get back to the States, I will indeed shout you them beers, likewise if you can drag yourself across the Pacific and visit my little corner of paradise.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by David170 View Post
    Could you imagine how many "non-cars" people they "scam" with the "sorry, it is not under warranty" when it is.. Money goes right in there pocket !

I think that it is deplorable, however, I can sort of understand why they do it, given the squeeze on margins at new car dealerships (mainly because of the manufacturers themselves), they need to prop up the bottom line with increased service revenue wherever they can, it's a vicious circle.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrOzCLA View Post
    Absolutely agree! @jmc , if/when I get back to the States, I will indeed shout you them beers, likewise if you can drag yourself across the Pacific and visit my little corner of paradise.
    hey no worries sir ... thats what this forum is for!
    my sis used to live in rose bay though now she's in the uk (say what?!)
    though one of these days i gotta visit dundee land ... can you say "bucket list" already? and i will call on you to be my tour guide 8-)
    DrOzCLA likes this.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links