Can't drive my CLA in the snow?!?!? - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Can't drive my CLA in the snow?!?!?

This is a discussion on Can't drive my CLA in the snow?!?!? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; well there's always a functional dynamic range for all materials ... hence the general "summer only" comment for simply not using them in snow some ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Like Tree7Likes

Thread: Can't drive my CLA in the snow?!?!?

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    well there's always a functional dynamic range for all materials ... hence the general "summer only" comment for simply not using them in snow
    some day we may see a "tire" material than can tolerate -40C to +125C (the usual industrial range) and retain a 95% confidence level for traction / guidance / integrity
    but for now we're stuck with changing out tires especially for folks in the 4 season weather bands
    pal of mine used snow tires in the arizona heat ... just for fun ... it was not "pretty" ... good thing he wasn't robbing banks ... 8-)

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    well there's always a functional dynamic range for all materials ... hence the general "summer only" comment for simply not using them in snow
    some day we may see a "tire" material than can tolerate -40C to +125C (the usual industrial range) and retain a 95% confidence level for traction / guidance / integrity
    but for now we're stuck with changing out tires especially for folks in the 4 season weather bands
    pal of mine used snow tires in the arizona heat ... just for fun ... it was not "pretty" ... good thing he wasn't robbing banks ... 8-)
    I am thus thankful for the fact that I live in a Tropical climate where it is either 'Hot' or 'Hotter' interspered with 'Wet' or 'Very Wet'. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for the win! (I know that will trigger @jmc )
    2016 CLA250 SPORT Mountain Grey

Proud Supporter of 'The MB Gap'
    Charter Forum Member of the 'Rollicking Band of International Dimwits'.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by DrOzCLA View Post
    I am thus thankful for the fact that I live in a Tropical climate where it is either 'Hot' or 'Hotter' interspered with 'Wet' or 'Very Wet'. Michelin Pilot Sport 4S for the win! (I know that will trigger @jmc )
    OK I think I can deal with that climate ... some of the time
    So now that you have had a chance to beat them up, how are the 4S’ holding up?

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    13 Post(s)
    I drove my CLA 45 with summer tires in the snow and it was still awesome. Now i have all seasons but the 1st year I had it I drove multiple times in the snow and was fine.

If i'm leasing any car or buying any car, I'm going to drive it however I want.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    OK I think I can deal with that climate ... some of the time
    So now that you have had a chance to beat them up, how are the 4S’ holding up?
    Best tires I have ever had, I have been religious in my rotation, align and balance regime, and keep the nitrogen at the MB required specs with checks every 4 weeks or so. I don't drive like Miss Daisy and they perform very well in the wet or dry (I think they particularly like the warmer weather up my way). They are streets apart from the Pirelli P-Zero's I had running previously, very happy camper here and can't recommend them highly enough.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Sounds like a tv ad
    Next time I may give the 4S a go ... though at this rate we will be super seniors by then
    DrOzCLA likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Sounds like a tv ad
    Next time I may give the 4S a go ... though at this rate we will be super seniors by then
    I'm sure you will be able to get them fitted to your Senior Citizen Mobility Scooter no problems!

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    The Michelin scooter with all wheel drive mind you ...

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by tuesday View Post
    I was recently planning a trip to Reno, NV when I remembered that the leasing agent asked me not to the drive my CLA 250 in the snow.....
    Why do you guys think my leasing agent asked me not to drive my car in the snow? Will I be okay if I do decide to drive my car in the snow? What can I do to make sure that my car will run smoothly?
    ………………….
    Can't say for sure, but the last time I drove to Reno from CA, There were sections of road, which requires tire chains on the drive wheels. You are not able to use chains on the CLA. The Member Map does not show your location, so this is just a guess, without knowing the specific terms of your lease.

#1: '14 250 Universe Blue (Limited Ed.) + Leath, Walnut, Parktronic, Prem Pk, Interior Pk., Multimedia , Driver Assist, Lighted Sills, LoJack, Ext. War, Wheel Locks, Random Sunglasses Holder, + (Bonus - Extra Wide Door Gaps.)
    #2: '14 250 Polar Silver + [Same as above] + Pano, (Minus Random Sunglass Holder.)

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    The more advanced municipals say no chains which makes sense to save the roads though that means winter tires and preferably awd
    Or hell get the 4Matic+ and then just drift around town what chains?
    Geo K likes this.

• Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Sponsored Links