Sunroof Issue
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Sunroof Issue

This is a discussion on Sunroof Issue within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hello. My car is a CLA250. I have problem on my sunroof. I guess something is broken or lose. Front right side I can lift ...

Like Tree7Likes
  • 1 Post By jmc
  • 1 Post By Rapidfirerob
  • 1 Post By jmc
  • 1 Post By Rapidfirerob
  • 2 Post By jmc
  • 1 Post By pa4ul

Thread: Sunroof Issue

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Sunroof Issue

Hello. My car is a CLA250. I have problem on my sunroof. I guess something is broken or lose. Front right side I can lift it one centimeter but on the driver side can’t. When the car is moving, the air get into the cabin and also you can feel the glass a little lose.
    I asked to the dealer and the cost for this job is USD1500, which is extremely expensive in my opinion. They say mechanisms, guide rail and others need to replace.
    I would like to remove the glass and see what is the problem, but I need some directions or manuals.
    Someone can help me with this?
    Thanks
    Tomás

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    What MY is your CLA?
    Which city are you near?
    #1: '14 250 Universe Blue (Limited Ed.) + Leath, Walnut, Parktronic, Prem Pk, Interior Pk., Multimedia , Driver Assist, Lighted Sills, LoJack, Ext. War, Wheel Locks, Random Sunglasses Holder, + (Bonus - Extra Wide Door Gaps.)
    #2: '14 250 Polar Silver + [Same as above] + Pano, (Minus Random Sunglass Holder.)

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    If you can open it fully, look for a couple adjustment screws at the front mount points right above the rails ... that one side may be loose
    But be careful ... lock them with the glass in the wrong static (closed) position will impart stress on the glass and it may fracture/shatter which some have already experienced
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    If you can open it fully, look for a couple adjustment screws at the front mount points right above the rails ... that one side may be loose
    But be careful ... lock them with the glass in the wrong static (closed) position will impart stress on the glass and it may fracture/shatter which some have already experienced
    This is why I haven't brought in my car to a shop to have the glass lowered the quarter inch people suggested. (The dealer couldn't reproduce the sound, and so did nothing) I'm afraid of the glass shattering. Better to live with a little intermittent noise than have that tragedy occur.
    DrOzCLA likes this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    This is why I haven't brought in my car to a shop to have the glass lowered the quarter inch people suggested. (The dealer couldn't reproduce the sound, and so did nothing) I'm afraid of the glass shattering. Better to live with a little intermittent noise than have that tragedy occur.
    Well if you loosened and adjusted both sides then you can maintain a neutral stress state cuz the two rear points are fixed
    The seals are deep and flexible enough to absorb a slight misalignment of the closed position to cure wind noise
    So if you bring one side down say 5mm do the same to the other side ... unless the glass manages to find its own neutral state after both sides are loosened and if lucky its the high side that drops
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Well if you loosened and adjusted both sides then you can maintain a neutral stress state cuz the two rear points are fixed
    The seals are deep and flexible enough to absorb a slight misalignment of the closed position to cure wind noise
    So if you bring one side down say 5mm do the same to the other side ... unless the glass manages to find its own neutral state after both sides are loosened and if lucky its the high side that drops
    Thanks for the advice, but I don't feel confident enough to do this.
    DrOzCLA likes this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    Thanks for the advice, but I don't feel confident enough to do this.
    Dont blame ya ... I was freaking out something serious when I was adjusting mine and reading about all the shattered pano incidents
    Mucked with it that one time to balance out the glass position and so far so good (knock on glass!!)
    Rapidfirerob and DrOzCLA like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    See if a glass shop can help you out for a cheaper price. I know my glass installer specializes in working on pano roofs.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    CLA 250 Sport Plus ( Mountain Grey) AMG Quad exhaust and diffusor : TMC Piggyback : Multimedia Package : Pano Roof : Illuminated Star : BOV Turbokits : Alpine Type R's

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    it is not neccessary to do it on your dealer,also can solve this probem on garage

• Sponsored Links