Some people really hate our CLAs... - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Some people really hate our CLAs...

This is a discussion on Some people really hate our CLAs... within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by ekim88 We have a group in Canada called MBTrueNorth and even within all the mercedes members they look down on the A ...

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 25
Like Tree27Likes

Thread: Some people really hate our CLAs...

  1. #11
    RSM
    RSM is offline
    Pro RSM's Avatar
    Member #
    4035
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Posts
    1,247
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekim88 View Post
    We have a group in Canada called MBTrueNorth and even within all the mercedes members they look down on the A , B, CLA, & GLA lines. These are the people who drive C class and above who think they are far superior. Honestly I just to ignore it and do my own thing, my money my choice. If you dont like or want to talk to me because I drive an entry level Merc then so be it.
    People who judge the value of a person by the car they drive are dealing with significant self-concept issues. If you want to avoid them just move to Vermont. No one gives a crap what you drive. However, I have turned some heads pulling a 30 bale load of hay in a trailer behind my GLA
    Last edited by RSM; 04-24-2019 at 04:09 PM.
    Bahn, ekim88, Rapidfirerob and 3 others like this.
    -Favorite Cars-
    2016 GLA 250 4Matic, Mountain Gray, Premium & Multi-Media, Blind Spot Assist, Illuminated Star, Pano Roof, Poplar wood trim, Dynamic suspension, Keyless Go, back up camera
    2014 CLA 250 4Matic, Polar Silver, Premium Package, Bi-Xenon Lights, Pano Roof, Blind Spot Assist, Burl Dash Insert. Comfort Suspension
    2014 CLA 250 FWD (traded in for Certified Pre-Owned AWD)
    2010 VW CC
    2004 VW Passat GLX-4motion
    2002 Subaru WRX
    1975 Saab 99GLE
    1971 Saab 99E

  • #12
    Newbie blackicedynasty's Avatar
    Member #
    21530
    Join Date
    Feb 2018
    Posts
    6
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Whoa, I can't believe he was bold enough to walk up to you, what we drive is our business, cars are personal and preferential, just like a house is. No one said anything to me personally, if they did I'd set them straight. I see a lot of hate on other threads, but it doesn't bother me. I've seen this over the years, it seems like the 'entry' level benz isn't a 'true' Mercedes in some people eyes. I've seen people criticize the C-Class, then the GLA/CLA- class, I'm assuming the new A-class is next. I'll tell you this, if the CLA isnt a true Mercedes, then tell that to the service dept and my insurance company lol They criticize how much it cost, saying you could've gotten a new Camry or Accord....well I can easily say that for a new accord/camry you can get a fully loaded kia lol Their logic is so flawed with that argument. The CLA did/does it job, which is to attract the younger demographic to the Mercedes brand, and guess what i'm in my upper 30's so I guess it worked...I dont pretend that this car is any more or less than what it is!!!.....ok my rant is done Be well my CLA family!!!

  • #13
    Newbie SuperFrankieOSX's Avatar
    Member #
    25666
    Join Date
    Apr 2019
    Location
    Long Island, NY
    Posts
    1
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by blackicedynasty View Post
    Whoa, I can't believe he was bold enough to walk up to you, what we drive is our business, cars are personal and preferential, just like a house is. No one said anything to me personally, if they did I'd set them straight. I see a lot of hate on other threads, but it doesn't bother me. I've seen this over the years, it seems like the 'entry' level benz isn't a 'true' Mercedes in some people eyes. I've seen people criticize the C-Class, then the GLA/CLA- class, I'm assuming the new A-class is next. I'll tell you this, if the CLA isnt a true Mercedes, then tell that to the service dept and my insurance company lol They criticize how much it cost, saying you could've gotten a new Camry or Accord....well I can easily say that for a new accord/camry you can get a fully loaded kia lol Their logic is so flawed with that argument. The CLA did/does it job, which is to attract the younger demographic to the Mercedes brand, and guess what i'm in my upper 30's so I guess it worked...I dont pretend that this car is any more or less than what it is!!!.....ok my rant is done <img src="https://www.mercedescla.org/forum/images/smilies/smile.png" border="0" alt="" title="Smile" class="inlineimg" /> Be well my CLA family!!!
    I completely understand you, I'm 17 and I love my CLA. My best friend has a 99 S10 and we get along very well. I honestly don't know why someone would rag on your car. It doesn't matter what you drive, it's all about the content of your character and it's your car and I feel that people just can't respect each other nowadays.
    JustSynthetic.com likes this.

  • Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements
     

  • #14
    Rookie ekim88's Avatar
    Member #
    9690
    Join Date
    Nov 2015
    Location
    Toronto
    Posts
    57
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSM View Post
    People who judge the value of a person by the car they drive are dealing with significant self-concept issues. If you want to avoid them just move to Vermont. No one gives a crap what you drive. However, I have turned some heads pulling a 30 bale load of hay in a trailer behind my GLA
    Pretty much the group of AMG snobs who own 63 and are salty that Mercedes is diluting the AMG line with 43/53. Like they can hate on entry level mercedes or the 43/53 amg lines but in the end its still a Mercedes and they cant change the fact that Mercedes is creating the 43/53 line to stay competitive with bmw M sport/audi S line.
    2015 CLA250 4matic Calcite White, AMG Sports Plus Pkg, Premium Pkg, Premium Plus Pkg, Dark Ash Trim, Keyless Go.

    Nov 2015 Delivery

  • #15
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    Ninja jmc's Avatar
    Member #
    7493
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9,098
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    all benz has to do is go back to 1-person-1-engine for the amg cars ... expanding the line is one thing ... "diluting" the image of the amg engines is another
    mass production makes more money so pretty sure the bean counters are leaning on the amg gang to cough up more revenue
    JustSynthetic.com likes this.

  • #16
    Pro Clallan's Avatar
    Member #
    4007
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Glenview
    Posts
    2,186
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    People that think AMG is being diluted should get a real exclusive car like a Bugatti, McLaren, Koenigsegg... AMG is not meant to be that level of exclusivity it's aligned just right for its target market -- compared to its peers BMW, Audi.
    2014 CLA45 AMG (Jupiter Red, Night, Exhaust, Premium, MM, MBTex w/ Recaro Seats, BSA, AMG steering wheel) -
    Ordered Nov 2013; Delivered April 2014. Engine Builder: Sylvio Muller

    2012 Subaru Forester
    2010 Volvo XC60
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1996 VW Jetta
    1989 Mercedes 560SL
    1986 Mercedes 560SEL
    1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

  • #17
    Pro Clallan's Avatar
    Member #
    4007
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    Glenview
    Posts
    2,186
    Mentioned
    19 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RSM View Post
    People who judge the value of a person by the car they drive are dealing with significant self-concept issues. If you want to avoid them just move to Vermont. No one gives a crap what you drive. However, I have turned some heads pulling a 30 bale load of hay in a trailer behind my GLA
    I particularly like the taste of CLS owners' tears who hated on the CLA.
    JustSynthetic.com and RSM like this.
    2014 CLA45 AMG (Jupiter Red, Night, Exhaust, Premium, MM, MBTex w/ Recaro Seats, BSA, AMG steering wheel) -
    Ordered Nov 2013; Delivered April 2014. Engine Builder: Sylvio Muller

    2012 Subaru Forester
    2010 Volvo XC60
    2006 Subaru Impreza WRX
    1997 Toyota Camry
    1996 VW Jetta
    1989 Mercedes 560SL
    1986 Mercedes 560SEL
    1983 Mercedes 300D Turbodiesel

  • #18
    Regular SunsetCLA's Avatar
    Member #
    9000
    Join Date
    May 2015
    Posts
    437
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    I wish I had my dash cam running to record the whole thing tbh, missed opportunity

    Needless to say, I knew about the CLA hate online - just didn't realize it would happen irl LOL

    Quote Originally Posted by Clallan View Post
    People that think AMG is being diluted should get a real exclusive car like a Bugatti, McLaren, Koenigsegg... AMG is not meant to be that level of exclusivity it's aligned just right for its target market -- compared to its peers BMW, Audi.
    Yeah exactly, I never understand that sentiment either. Plus its not like they are making the CLA 45 a half-assed money grabbing car. It genuinely is a serious competitor in its own market for small pocket rockets[

    Quote Originally Posted by blackicedynasty View Post
    Whoa, I can't believe he was bold enough to walk up to you, what we drive is our business, cars are personal and preferential, just like a house is. No one said anything to me personally, if they did I'd set them straight. I see a lot of hate on other threads, but it doesn't bother me. I've seen this over the years, it seems like the 'entry' level benz isn't a 'true' Mercedes in some people eyes. I've seen people criticize the C-Class, then the GLA/CLA- class, I'm assuming the new A-class is next. I'll tell you this, if the CLA isnt a true Mercedes, then tell that to the service dept and my insurance company lol They criticize how much it cost, saying you could've gotten a new Camry or Accord....well I can easily say that for a new accord/camry you can get a fully loaded kia lol Their logic is so flawed with that argument. The CLA did/does it job, which is to attract the younger demographic to the Mercedes brand, and guess what i'm in my upper 30's so I guess it worked...I dont pretend that this car is any more or less than what it is!!!.....ok my rant is done Be well my CLA family!!!
    Yeah lol, honestly if people reduce cars like that - that logic could be applied to other cars exactly as you said.
    2015 CLA250C4 Sport+
    Aug 2015 Delivery

  • #19
    Regular Northern Al's Avatar
    Member #
    4128
    Join Date
    Dec 2013
    Location
    White Mountains of New Hampshire, USA
    Posts
    309
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    These people must learn to be a bit more empathetic. Imagine the poor owners a Yugo, AMC Pacer, Gremlin, BMW 3 or Lamborghini Veneno?

    Luckily, I've had several folks admire the styling of my CLA. The only negative comments I've had is "It must be Nice!" Around here that's what people say when you own something they can't afford and feel you're just being extravagant. Of course, this was said to me by a guy riding a $43,000.00 CVO Harley Davidson.
    Last edited by Northern Al; Yesterday at 05:24 AM.

  • #20
    jmc
    jmc is offline
    Ninja jmc's Avatar
    Member #
    7493
    Join Date
    Sep 2014
    Posts
    9,098
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Northern Al View Post
    These people must learn to be a bit more empathetic. Imagine the poor owners a Yugo, AMC Pacer, Gremlin, BMW 3 or Lamborghini Veneno?

    Luckily, I've had several folks admire the styling of my CLA. The only negative comments I've had is "It must be Nice!" Around here that's what people say when you own something they can't afford and feel you're just being extravagant. Of course, this was said to me by a guy riding a $43,000.00 CVO Harley Davidson.
    Oh gosh you could have railed on that rider
    One time I had to rent to go out of town last minute and all I could get was a Pontiac Vibe
    From “whats that?!” to “WTF?” were the kindest comments ...

  • Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

    Sponsored Links

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •  

    Similar Threads

    1. Getting some hate about our CLA on a forum for my other car
      By tmwei396 in forum CLA General Discussion
      Replies: 51
      Last Post: 11-06-2015, 06:24 AM
    2. Starting to really hate this transmission
      By apexracer in forum CLA General Discussion
      Replies: 77
      Last Post: 08-23-2015, 01:53 PM
    3. Hit and run! I hate these people.
      By Dvng in forum Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG
      Replies: 7
      Last Post: 01-19-2014, 08:29 PM
    4. Why so much hate for CLA45?
      By AMGRD in forum Mercedes-Benz CLA45 AMG
      Replies: 16
      Last Post: 04-02-2013, 12:41 PM
    About Us
    We are a community dedicated to the all new Mercedes-Benz CLA & CLA45 AMG. We offer Benz CLA Pictures, Aftermarket Accessory discussion, Questions and Answers and much more from CLA Owners across the world. Thank you for visiting the best CLA Forum on the Internet.
    Join us
    Register
    If you woud like to join our community simply click the following registration link: Register @ MercedesCLA.org