O2 Sensor Circuit Failure
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on O2 Sensor Circuit Failure within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Got a CEL on Monday, brought the car in today. They said it was the O2 Sensor Circuit. How is that different than the O2? ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree4Likes

Thread: O2 Sensor Circuit Failure

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)

Got a CEL on Monday, brought the car in today. They said it was the O2 Sensor Circuit. How is that different than the O2? Same? I guessed it might
    be O2 related as the car was running fine. The dealer wants the car tomorrow as they are "short on loaners." Marin has never said this to me.
    This is Fairfield, California, completely different. They had an earlier appointment, which is why I brought it in. Looks like I'll be late to work.
    Car has 40,000 miles on it.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Might be a failing O2 sensor ... giving odd data so it got flagged
    If it indeed is a dying sensor the mpg will usually suffer ... among other things
    Wonder which sensor is going? Do post what they find
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Might be a failing O2 sensor ... giving odd data so it got flagged
    If it indeed is a dying sensor the mpg will usually suffer ... among other things
    Wonder which sensor is going? Do post what they find
    I'm hoping my mileage will improve as it had dropped over the last year. Here is what the dealer says:
    Fault P014100 Oxygen Sensor 2 Heater has a malfunction. LI54.18-P-057927 applies. Performed hard reset of connector
    F and M of N3/10 as per LI instructions.

There was also this. I'm not sure what it all means, besides some kind of software update:
    RECALL: Perform Campaign- Refer to VMI added operation
    Perform 2018110008 Update Control Unit Software
    Hooked up SDS and Battery Charger, Performed SRS Control Unit Software Update
    as per campaign instructions.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    I'm hoping my mileage will improve as it had dropped over the last year. Here is what the dealer says:
    Fault P014100 Oxygen Sensor 2 Heater has a malfunction. LI54.18-P-057927 applies. Performed hard reset of connector
    F and M of N3/10 as per LI instructions.

There was also this. I'm not sure what it all means, besides some kind of software update:
    RECALL: Perform Campaign- Refer to VMI added operation
    Perform 2018110008 Update Control Unit Software
    Hooked up SDS and Battery Charger, Performed SRS Control Unit Software Update
    as per campaign instructions.
    Guess they took the cheap way out first ... mess with the contacts to improve signals ... do keep an eye on your mpg if it aint getting better that sensor is most probably dying
    The SRS update is news ... we both have 2014s and no notice about that here (yet)
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    FYI ... the 2018110008 service campaign info:

"software installed on the SRS control unit might not meet current production specifications, which may prevent the recording of speed data for crashes of less than 300 ms in duration"

wow this one is really new ... 4/18/19 ... so maybe your O2 sensor going wonkie on you may have been a blessing ... 8-)

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Guess they took the cheap way out first ... mess with the contacts to improve signals ... do keep an eye on your mpg if it aint getting better that sensor is most probably dying
    The SRS update is news ... we both have 2014s and no notice about that here (yet)
    Seems marginally better so far. Should I call and ask about it? Why didn't they change it, specifically?

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    FYI ... the 2018110008 service campaign info:

"software installed on the SRS control unit might not meet current production specifications, which may prevent the recording of speed data for crashes of less than 300 ms in duration"

wow this one is really new ... 4/18/19 ... so maybe your O2 sensor going wonkie on you may have been a blessing ... 8-)
    It seems so!

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    Seems marginally better so far. Should I call and ask about it? Why didn't they change it, specifically?
    It will take a little time for the computer to learn again with the revised signals so hopefully your mpg will keep improving ... if not the sensor is going or gone
    Since they fixed the connection if it still gives errors they should replace it ... figured they would have instead of monkeying with the connector since they were touching it anyway
    Would not hurt to ask for their side of the story?
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    It will take a little time for the computer to learn again with the revised signals so hopefully your mpg will keep improving ... if not the sensor is going or gone
    Since they fixed the connection if it still gives errors they should replace it ... figured they would have instead of monkeying with the connector since they were touching it anyway
    Would not hurt to ask for their side of the story?
    I bet if I went to Marin, they would have replaced it. Fairfield had an earlier appointment available. Thanks for the insight.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I asked the SA at the dealership. He says there is a service bulletin and followed MB instructions. Hmm.

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links