Would a CLA 250 be a good first car?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Would a CLA 250 be a good first car? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hello everyone, I am getting my first car soon. I have been looking at the 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC Coupe. I was wondering if ...

Thread: Would a CLA 250 be a good first car?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello everyone,

I am getting my first car soon. I have been looking at the 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC Coupe. I was wondering if it would be a good first car. Any feedback?

Edit: This is going to be my first car, I will be responsible with it. I am only going to use it for going to class and I will not be driving crazy. I feel it is a good car because it is flashy, fast, and cheap.

Edit 2: As of right now I have decided on the CPO 2016 C300 4matic at 30k. My choice can still change but it most likely won’t. https://sarkariresult.onl/ Mobdro

Thanks for all the advice. https://pnrstatus.vip/
    Last edited by hardus77; 05-31-2019 at 09:35 AM.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Any time.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Depending upon your age and location, you should always check insurance rates before making any buying decision. That said, I think you'll find those rates to be pretty good. I also think the CLA 250 would be a great first car. I have a 2014 Edition One, with about 32K miles on it. It's the first of the CLA's in the U.S., and this is front-wheel drive. I know it's MB's first front-wheel drive in the U.S., but I don't know about later years. Whatever you get, though more likely to be 4Matic, I think you will find it comfortable, fun to drive and small enough for urban settings. Have fun!

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    18 Post(s)
    I am not sure what is your criteria for "a good first car" , and to drive mostly back and forth to class.

If its a reliable , cheap to maintain car, then get a Toyota Corolla or a Honda Civic.

If you want something flashy and quick, not sure the CLA makes that 100%, I would rather go C63 AMG. Its flashy and fast.

So from reading your post, I assume you are from a quite well to do family background, money not really an issue. So depending on what your budget is, <$60K, > $60K you can get many flashy and quick cars to suit your taste.

So really, not sure what you are trying to achieve here by posting this "whats a good first car" question.

Set out your criteria, and then you can ask that question.
    2015 CLA 250 cirrus white sports pkg, premium package, 18" AMG wheels

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by hardus77 View Post
    Hello everyone,

I am getting my first car soon. I have been looking at the 2015 Mercedes-Benz CLA 250 4MATIC Coupe. I was wondering if it would be a good first car. Any feedback?

Edit: This is going to be my first car, I will be responsible with it. I am only going to use it for going to class and I will not be driving crazy. I feel it is a good car because it is flashy, fast, and cheap.

Edit 2: As of right now I have decided on the CPO 2016 C300 4matic at 30k. My choice can still change but it most likely won’t.

Thanks for all the advice.
    A good first car is like a girl friend:
    1. Something you know you will enjoy.
    2. Something you did a good amount of research on.
    3. Something you are ready to spend money on.
    4. Something you are prepared to lay your hands on.

If all 4 ticks yes, then my answer to your question is yes.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Picard View Post
    A good first car is like a girl friend:
    1. Something you know you will enjoy.
    2. Something you did a good amount of research on.
    3. Something you are ready to spend money on.
    4. Something you are prepared to lay your hands on.

If all 4 ticks yes, then my answer to your question is yes.
    Ok Paps ...
    Helluva version of “the talk”

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Depends..

Keep in mind that Benz dealer service is notoriously more expensive than the average asian car, and
    not too many independent mechanics work on them beyond maintenance or fixing trivial stuff.
    Mercedes ( and even the CLA ) is not exactly cheap. A used Toyota Ccorolla or Honda Civic is cheap.
    Will not run well on normal or mid-grade gasolie, here in the US it needs to run on 93 octane ( super) frade.

I consider the CLA a below-average reliability car.
    Pair that with the expensive dealer maintenance and service, expensive parts and being a pain to work on...
    For example, take a look at what it will cost to replace the battery. it is an eye opener.

For an inexperienced driver it may be important that the visibility is not the best, esp through the back window,

The pluses: it is a sexy looking beast, that is a lot more fun to drive than a low end econo-box .
    You have to ask yourself if that is any value to you. On the highway, it is surprisingy fuel efficient, esp. if you
    run it in econo mode, and drive tamely. I often get 44+ mpg driving back on my daily 50 mile commute.

• Sponsored Links