Braking crunch with Distronic - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Braking crunch with Distronic

This is a discussion on Braking crunch with Distronic within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; As I said, I do not subscribe to this level of fussiness; I was merely pointing it out. We said we'd dial a number decades ...

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Thread: Braking crunch with Distronic

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    As I said, I do not subscribe to this level of fussiness; I was merely pointing it out.

We said we'd dial a number decades after dials were defunct.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    7 Post(s)
    Sometimes some road debris gets stuck between the brakepad and the rotor. That will produce a mild crunching sound. The rotor may show some mild scoring. E.g.: a small pebble or some mud can get in there.
    Mud can be washed off. For a pebble you may have to take off the pad and clean it.

If your pads are totally worn and you are wearing the metal backing pad, that would produce a severe crunching sound every time you brake so that is probably not it.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2katman2 View Post
    As I said, I do not subscribe to this level of fussiness; I was merely pointing it out.

We said we'd dial a number decades after dials were defunct.
    Yeah theres that ...
    European delivery 20140331

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links