Good phone mount for CLA? - Page 4
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Good phone mount for CLA?

This is a discussion on Good phone mount for CLA? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by jmc nice looking unit now if only we could update the slot tongue material to translate the cd laser energy into electrical ...

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast
Like Tree32Likes

Thread: Good phone mount for CLA?

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    nice looking unit

now if only we could update the slot tongue material to translate the cd laser energy into electrical and transfer that to the shiny metal back for wireless charging ... now that would be cool
    ...and tap into the frequency that would signal Scotty to beam us, up, too!
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Been using mine for a month now. All is well. Fits in my 2014 250. Got it on Amazon.

ITrims Car Dashboard Mount,Car Mount,Cell Phone Holder Car with Adjustable Car Phone Holder for Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class X156 2015-2019 / CLA-Class C117/ A-Class W176 2013-2018 (Carbon Fiber) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NY1NTBF..._WRMjDb3XKR7ET
    2014 Mercedes CLA250 4Matic

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traxem View Post
    Been using mine for a month now. All is well. Fits in my 2014 250. Got it on Amazon.

ITrims Car Dashboard Mount,Car Mount,Cell Phone Holder Car with Adjustable Car Phone Holder for Mercedes-Benz GLA-Class X156 2015-2019 / CLA-Class C117/ A-Class W176 2013-2018 (Carbon Fiber) https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NY1NTBF..._WRMjDb3XKR7ET
    That's the one I just got a few days ago and mentioned some posts back, with a short video from YouTube on how to mount it. I love it! Thanks for hipping me to it!
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    SG$ 12.62 36%OFF | Mpow MCM3 CD Slot Car Phone Holder Car Mount Holder Stand 360 Rotation Mobile Phone Holder Stand for iphone XR XS Samsung Xiaomi
    https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c7y15DnK

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    https://www.scosche.com/qi-dash-wind...eless-charging

I bought this in store at the Verizon store. Seriously amazing so far. Magnetic hold is super strong. Has never come off my windshield. Even when there are bad bumps my phone stays put. Occasionally you need to tighten the nut that allows you to swivel the phone to whatever placement you like. But it looks sleek and works like a charm. I didn’t like the look of a “dash” mount so I mounted to the windshield. Hope that helps.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I also forgot to mention that it’s a wireless charger (assuming you have a newer iPhone that has that capability. There is a cord that connects the mount to a power source by way of cigarette lighter plugin.

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by nik198x View Post
    How is the grip to the CD Slot? Feeling sturdy and nice? Is it moving or rattling?
    Ok, got the Baseus holder, was smaller than it looked (not a bad thing) and it was easy to slide into the CD slot (there is a small release button on the stalk). It was lighter than I expected, and the arms that hold the phone in place are a little flimsy for my liking, however when the phone is sitting in place, they seem quite secure. It sits low, given that it is in the CD slot, so when the phone is in the holder, the top is just over the bottom of the A/C vent. The major negative for me is the fact that once the holder is in place, the stalk and tightening nut sit directly on top of the volume dial on the dash, impeding its movement (although this is no biggie for me as I use the volume controls on the steering wheel most of the time anyway). The other issue is that when I don't have my phone in the holder the arms are loose and do rattle a little bit (although I have to ask the question, why would I not have my phone in the holder when I'm driving anyway, isn't that why I bought it?). I think I expected a much 'sturdier' construction, the lightness of the components, while a good thing for not applying too much weight to the mounting stalk in the CD slot, means the arms do vibrate when on an uneven road. The unit as a whole is very steady when inserted in the slot, there is no movement at all. Anyway, my two cents worth, its a phone holder, nothing more, nothing less. It looks good with the shiny steel look and red accent around the edges, so I will learn to live with it.
    2016 CLA250 SPORT Mountain Grey

Proud Supporter of 'The MB Gap'
    Charter Forum Member of the 'Rollicking Band of International Dimwits'.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Thanks for the update!

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    Came in the mail yesterday. Had a fantastic gig last evening, so no time to install. No need to remove the vent rings, thankfully. Really easy.
    Here's a video on YouTube showing how to do it.

Attachment 63174
    Sorry the photo is sideways, but this is my car after the installation. The photo was uploaded by this site sideways for some reason.
    I did indeed order this the very day that rapidfirerob confirmed easy installation, and it arrived 11 days later --- kind of a long time for Amazon, but the shipping address probably explains it:

Guangzhou Huihuanyi Trading Co, Ltd, Guangdong China (though the contact # is in San Francisco)

Installed it without benefit of printed instructions (not included) or video in just a couple of minutes, and it's swell.

My oversized iPhone does block a third of the CLA's screen, though. Fortunately, I only ever refer to it when changing audio source or glancing at the name and composer of what's playing on the radio. We'll see if that's more inconvenient than filling the CD slot and blocking radio presets, as my last holder did.

Thanks again, rapidfirerob, for blazing a trail.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2katman2 View Post
    I did indeed order this the very day that rapidfirerob confirmed easy installation, and it arrived 11 days later --- kind of a long time for Amazon, but the shipping address probably explains it:

Guangzhou Huihuanyi Trading Co, Ltd, Guangdong China (though the contact # is in San Francisco)

Installed it without benefit of printed instructions (not included) or video in just a couple of minutes, and it's swell.

My oversized iPhone does block a third of the CLA's screen, though. Fortunately, I only ever refer to it when changing audio source or glancing at the name and composer of what's playing on the radio. We'll see if that's more inconvenient than filling the CD slot and blocking radio presets, as my last holder did.

Thanks again, rapidfirerob, for blazing a trail.
    I'm glad you like it! Actually I got the info from Traxem, who initially posted about this device. For me, who does use the CD slot and has an iPhone 8 (not gigantic), it's perfect.
    The phone does vibrate a bit. That's about it. It holds and releases the phone and is in a perfect place, for me. It's also in front of the vent, so the AC keeps it nice and cool.
    It was funny that it came in a little box with four pieces of plastic and that's it.
    2katman2 likes this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

• Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2 3 4 5 LastLast

Sponsored Links