Good phone mount for CLA?
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Good phone mount for CLA? within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hi All, Just wondering if anyone has a good iphone mount that they can recommend? I have been through two so far in my 2014 ...

Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast
Like Tree31Likes

Thread: Good phone mount for CLA?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hi All,

Just wondering if anyone has a good iphone mount that they can recommend? I have been through two so far in my 2014 CLA (both had great amazon reviews) but i wasn't happy either of them. So i'm reaching out to see what fellow CLA owners have good experiences with before I purchase my next one.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I've had a lot of luck with the Magnetic ones vs cd or air vent ones. the brand i have is Boocosa (amazon) the only issue i have is.. it gets really f'ing hot where i am and the adhesive that holds the mount to the dash will melt and end up falling off with the weight of my phone after a while.
    ive also heard of issues with the CD slot mounted ones melting in high heat too, my old roommate almost got his stuck one year.
    hawaiifavo likes this.
    Polar Silver 2018 CLA250 4MATIC, Premium 1 package, Illuminated Star, Turbokits BOV Spacer, 18' multi spoke wheels, (so far...)

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I'm a fan of the CD holder mounts, both magnetic and otherwise, because the placement is convenient but out of the direct sunlight that foils windshield mounts. In fact, they put the phone directly in line for cooling from the center vent.
    hawaiifavo and DrOzCLA like this.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    yeah i need to find a better place, so far ive just been sticking it in between one of the 3 center air vents on the dash. Thought it would be kind of out of the sun enough + being cold from the AC would help but not so much haha.
    Its only an issue during the summer months though.
    hawaiifavo likes this.
    Polar Silver 2018 CLA250 4MATIC, Premium 1 package, Illuminated Star, Turbokits BOV Spacer, 18' multi spoke wheels, (so far...)

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    I got this CD mount with wireless Qi power recently before driving my car across this country. It works fairly well. It's a little shaky compared to my previous (bigger) CD mount.

However wireless charging doesn't always provide enough power to charge the phone when the screen is at full brightness & navigation is active. This is true on my iPhone XS and my partner's iPhone 8 Plus. Smaller phones should be OK.

https://smile.amazon.com/gp/product/...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Shipwreck and hawaiifavo like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    They're usually a third the price or less @ aliexpress, if you don't mind waiting.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I ordered this mount after a suggestion on this forum. It seems to make the most sense, for me, as I use my CD slot sometimes. It comes from China, so it hasn't arrived yet.
    I'll chime in again when it arrives. The person who suggested it really likes it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NY1NTBF...sclaconvert-20
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    I ordered this mount after a suggestion on this forum. It seems to make the most sense, for me, as I use my CD slot sometimes. It comes from China, so it hasn't arrived yet.
    I'll chime in again when it arrives. The person who suggested it really likes it. https://www.amazon.com/dp/B07NY1NTBF...sclaconvert-20
    That does look good, but one of the reviews says removal of the vent rings is necessary for installation. Looking fwd to hearing about your experience.
    Rapidfirerob and hawaiifavo like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2katman2 View Post
    That does look good, but one of the reviews says removal of the vent rings is necessary for installation. Looking fwd to hearing about your experience.
    Came in the mail yesterday. Had a fantastic gig last evening, so no time to install. No need to remove the vent rings, thankfully. Really easy.
    Here's a video on YouTube showing how to do it.

Name:  IMG_0025.jpg
Views: 69
Size:  34.3 KB
    Sorry the photo is sideways, but this is my car after the installation. The photo was uploaded by this site sideways for some reason.
    Last edited by Rapidfirerob; 07-07-2019 at 10:47 PM.
    DrOzCLA, hawaiifavo and 2katman2 like this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    Pic looks normal on my screen
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    European delivery 20140331

• Page 1 of 5 1 2 3 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links