Oem trunk spoiler coming off - Page 6
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Oem trunk spoiler coming off

This is a discussion on Oem trunk spoiler coming off within the CLA General Discussion forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Originally Posted by CLA 2.0 Eric- My car was ordered with the spoiler. The problem lies with the bodyshop that installs it. Most likely they ...

Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast
Like Tree128Likes

Thread: Oem trunk spoiler coming off

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by CLA 2.0 View Post
    Eric- My car was ordered with the spoiler. The problem lies with the bodyshop that installs it. Most likely they did not prep the car properly before laying down the spoiler both times and then with the Florida heat it doesn't help either. My car is not garage kept since my other cars occupy it, so sitting for months in the same place will cook that double side tape I can imagine. I don't detail my car with buffers so that didn't cause it.

Thanks,
    Plenty of people in Florida have spoilers that are attached with double sided tape though so, yeah, whomever is installing it might be screwing it up. Then again, maybe the standard tape that it ships with isn't good in the Florida heat. You might consider asking them what kind of tape they're using to bond the two together?

I can't imagine 3M VHB tape giving you any problems if the spoiler is attached properly to a clean/properly prepped surface with appropriate pressure. 3M VHB tape is far stronger than typical double-sided tape and it comes in different flavors for different types of surfaces. I hope you can figure out the problem and get it resolved. Just from this thread and others it sounds like you're not the only one having the problem.

-Eric
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    9 Post(s)
    My CLA has joined the loose spoiler club too (and I also live in a very hot climate) My car is at the body shop this week getting a new spoiler. The SA said that the old one couldn't be glued back down - it had to be replaced. Why, I don't know......unless of course I am some sort of profit center for the dealership (and with my car's history - a very expensive warranty holder for MBUSA)
    Sue Esponte likes this.
    Follow me and sometimes my Jupiter Red CLA250 on Instagram

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    I started this thread last year in June and from the looks of it yes it's definitely a problem.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by TUXEDO CAT View Post
    My CLA has joined the loose spoiler club too (and I also live in a very hot climate) My car is at the body shop this week getting a new spoiler. The SA said that the old one couldn't be glued back down - it had to be replaced. Why, I don't know......unless of course I am some sort of profit center for the dealership (and with my car's history - a very expensive warranty holder for MBUSA)
    My dealer said the same thing when I got mine replaced last year. They said the old one can't simply be glued back down and they need to order a new one. He also said often times just taking the spoiler off the trunk breaks it so they have to order a brand new spoiler. Unfortunately my replacement spoiler is lifting again.. SIGH..

Rapidfirerob likes this.
    2014 CLA 250 | Cirrus White | Black MB Tex Interior | Premium Package | Pano Roof | Bi-Xenons | 18" Wheels | Spoiler | Black Ash Wood Trim | Illuminated Star

Member #
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Welp...I just checked my spoiler. Guess who has been admitted to this unfortunate club. Its only on the very sides, but I can press it down a bit and it definitely is not super glued down. I looked at my father's CLS and his spoiler is really well done. No movement at all. I guess it has to do with the curvature of the CLA's trunk. If it gets worse, Ill definitely have to call them up. The car is brand new too... :/
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    2015 CLA250C4 Sport+
    Aug 2015 Delivery

Member #
    Mentioned
    23 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Agent AA1 View Post
    Welp...I just checked my spoiler. Guess who has been admitted to this unfortunate club. Its only on the very sides, but I can press it down a bit and it definitely is not super glued down. I looked at my father's CLS and his spoiler is really well done. No movement at all. I guess it has to do with the curvature of the CLA's trunk. If it gets worse, Ill definitely have to call them up. The car is brand new too... :/
    When I was getting my car fixed last year I checked the CLA's on the lot and all of them had some lifting on one of the edges. I also checked the C class and other models. All spoilers were attached tightly without any gaps..

ohoh .. here is another gap issue to add for the CLA for @Rapidfirerob "Spoiler Gap".

Eclipse1825 and Rapidfirerob like this.
    2014 CLA 250 | Cirrus White | Black MB Tex Interior | Premium Package | Pano Roof | Bi-Xenons | 18" Wheels | Spoiler | Black Ash Wood Trim | Illuminated Star

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)
    OMG its not elaine but its the dreaded new spoiler gap?!
    European delivery 20140331

Member #
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    OMG its not elaine but its the dreaded new spoiler gap?!
    What about Elaine's gap?
    2015 CLA250 European Delivery
    Northern Lights Violet, MB Tex Beige, HID Lights, standard 5-spoke Wheels, Heated Seats, Power Passenger Front Seat, PARKTRONIC with Park Assist, Rearview Camera.
    Stablemates
    2009 smart fortwo Passion

See my European Delivery trip here:
    Spartacus' European Delivery Conquest
    and videos here :
    Highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgd1JD1Tfho
    In depth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPLYGVnjUBU

Member #
    Mentioned
    37 Post(s)
    Doesn't speak well for the spoiler does it if all y'all gots problems.
    2015 CLA250 European Delivery
    Northern Lights Violet, MB Tex Beige, HID Lights, standard 5-spoke Wheels, Heated Seats, Power Passenger Front Seat, PARKTRONIC with Park Assist, Rearview Camera.
    Stablemates
    2009 smart fortwo Passion

See my European Delivery trip here:
    Spartacus' European Delivery Conquest
    and videos here :
    Highlights https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qgd1JD1Tfho
    In depth https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jPLYGVnjUBU

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    I got up a half hour early today to drop off my car so they could fix the spoiler. The service guy told me they just have
    to check it, as they have to replace it. So, I could have done this after work. Very exciting. Anyway, the part should be in Monday.
    He said a body shop does the work, so maybe it will stay where it is assigned.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

• Page 6 of 18 FirstFirst ... 4 5 6 7 8 16 ... LastLast

Sponsored Links