2014 CLA250 Backup/Rear View Camera Questions and Ideas
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on 2014 CLA250 Backup/Rear View Camera Questions and Ideas within the CLA Modifications / DIY forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Hello Fellow Members! I recently purchased my black beauty- '14 CLA250 4Matic. Overall she is a lovely vehicle. Even has the new car smell and ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: 2014 CLA250 Backup/Rear View Camera Questions and Ideas

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Hello Fellow Members!

I recently purchased my black beauty- '14 CLA250 4Matic. Overall she is a lovely vehicle. Even has the new car smell and was well loved from the previous owner. Of course since I have been out of MB for quite some time, I forgot the nickle and diming with technology packages and so on lol. Hence, no backup camera! I still bit the bullet b/c the deal was very good and I figured I can deal with the camera separately... I've read some interesting posts about installs and ideas but since I am in Las Vegas, a lot of the options seem to be from our Canadian members which isn't helpful down here.

Can anyone recommend the best "plug and play"option please? I think some members had luck with Sune Technologies- it is a module and backup camera system. Now when they say plug and play does this mean literally no cutting wires, no splicing, etc.? I have the extended warranty and while I don't care about them covering an aftermarket part which they wont, I don't want to modify any actual MB parts and wiring:
    https://www.ebay.com/itm/Mercedes-Be...53.m1438.l2649

The super cheap options are the license plate cameras but they connect to your phone. Which I might as well hold my cellphone on a selfie stick out the window at that point

Thanks for everyone's input and advice! Alex
    Bahn likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    That was pretty much the kit I had, work perfectly.
    Bahn likes this.
    - Campagna T-Rex 2011
    - Mercedes CLA 45 AMG 4Matic 2015

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi David- Thanks for the reply! So this was the exact kit that you used? If it is not the same exact module I posted, please send a link of yours when you can Did you have to remove the screen and left/right air vents so install the unit? I got an email back from SUNE Technology confirming the "plug and play" but I did read somewhere about having to splice the wires on the module to work with the cars electronics? Were you able to install yourself or had someone assist? I am 99% confident that this product would not interfere negatively with the car as is. But in that super odd crazy faulty type chance, it is good to know if this is an item that can easily be removed before servicing the vehicle.

Best- Alex

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    17 Post(s)
    Mine was Navitech.

Plug and play, yes, but you have some work to do, can be a bit tricky to find which wires goes where : https://photos.app.goo.gl/p39p5is8YfS9MFF57

If you never do something similar to that on a car, you should find someone to do it.

Mine work perfectly, no issue at all. I don't see it on your link, but mine as 3 other inputs, i installed a front camera in the front. It activate when i hold the voice command button for 2 seconds. https://photos.app.goo.gl/qWu59xH1towrB2rP6
    - Campagna T-Rex 2011
    - Mercedes CLA 45 AMG 4Matic 2015

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hi David,

Thanks for the detailed reply... Yes I did not know earlier when I posted that Navitech is owned by SUNE Technologies. I got a message from their rep just now, very polite gentleman named David. Looks like a total plug and play job based on your directions and the directions he sent me. I did read good things about Naviks but it appears there is some wire cutting involved on their end, not MB wires. Plus for the quality and the price from Navitech this seems like a no brainer even with installation. Here is a link to the directions from David: https://carnavi-tech.com/pdf/SE-Merc...e%20MB204B.pdf
    it appears to not be specific on installing the backup camera portion. In your last photo, bottom right, that is the Navitech module I assume being plugged in somewhere by the trunk?? Sorry got confused based on the directions and the photos lol.
    Have an awesome night- Alex

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Hello, I have a 2014 mercedes cla and I like to install a backup cam. Did you install yours? If so what kid did you buy and what issues did you encountered?

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    I've been meaning to post this - I got an aftermarket dash cam that also works as backup camera, and it's better than I expected. Goes over the rearview mirror (and provides a wider mirror), so it doesn't attract attention.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by 2katman2 View Post
    I've been meaning to post this - I got an aftermarket dash cam that also works as backup camera, and it's better than I expected. Goes over the rearview mirror (and provides a wider mirror), so it doesn't attract attention.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...?ie=UTF8&psc=1
    Dang, $80!!!! Major score!
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

Member #
    Mentioned
    25 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    Dang, $80!!!! Major score!
    Yeah! Installation was $150, and well worth it, since they installed the rear cam and hid the wires well.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    I took European Delivery and drove through four countries in my limited edition Universe Blue CLA 250.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadhouseSEC View Post
    Which I might as well hold my cellphone on a selfie stick out the window at that point
    I definitely needed this visual, and laugh... now I gotta clean my coffee off my desk.

lmao.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links