2017 CLA-250 Halogen to LED headlights (Not bulbs)
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on 2017 CLA-250 Halogen to LED headlights (Not bulbs) within the CLA Modifications / DIY forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; FYI: I know there are similar posts about what I am looking for, but some of them fail to input all the information I am ...

Thread: 2017 CLA-250 Halogen to LED headlights (Not bulbs)

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

FYI: I know there are similar posts about what I am looking for, but some of them fail to input all the information I am looking for. When I bought my vehicle, I had no idea that it would not already come in stock with the LED headlights that most new vehicles seem to already have. For instance, my 2015 base challenger has the LED lights, I thought every new car did. However, I was wrong.

Now, I want to change the WHOLE headlight set to all LED, Bi-xenon headlights. Not the bulbs, but the whole thing. I found a set on eBay, but I received them with a tab broken and I returned them. I am afraid to purchase again, only to have the same thing happen or worse because they are from countries that don’t speak my language..So I’m sure there is miscommunication somewhere. Also, when I received the item, one of the boxes was half open. So that could explain the broken tab. Anyway, I can’t find any other headlights that aren’t from the same people that I ordered from..

I also need more education on the fact that I heard something about the possibility of the lights having computer errors, or needing to be programmed, or not lasting that long. I know it can be done, I’ve seen the videos, but I need the resources. The videos are in every other language but English or outdated.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    110 Post(s)

I think @benzbell did a successful upgrade to led units including a plugin device to code them in
    Search around you may find that thread ... or hopefully he still gets pm’s
    But I hear ya ... these baseline halogen parts need to go away

• Sponsored Links