Problem - Comand Sys Stopped Working
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Problem - Comand Sys Stopped Working within the CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; To my great disappointment, I jumped in my new 2015 CLA250 Sport Plus this morning to discover that my 'Comand' unit/display would not power on ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By jc3513

Thread: Problem - Comand Sys Stopped Working

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)

To my great disappointment, I jumped in my new 2015 CLA250 Sport Plus this morning to discover that my 'Comand' unit/display would not power on at all. I restarted the car several times with no success. The 'on' button did absolutely nothing. I then started my commute into the office and lo and behold it just powered up with the Mercedes welcome screen all by itself. But once it was on,..........zero audio can be heard whatsoever no matter which interface (e.g. radio, SD card, cd, etc.) is used. I just bought this car brand new on May 10th. Another strange thing I noticed,.....is that once I parked at work and started going thru the menu screen under sound tab I noticed that the sub-menu for Logic7 surround no longer is there!

I'm pissed ...not a good look for Mercedes. Guess I'll get in line at the dealership for service. SMH

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    At the dealership now, I've been told two other cars here suffer from same problem. If a software update doesn't work they will reorder the unit and give me a loaner. The tech insinuated that ordering the part may take a while....
    J.C.
    2015 CLA 250 Sport + | Mountain Grey | MB-Tex | Pano Roof
    Illuminated Star | Bi-Xenon Headlights | Multimedia Pkg | Sports Pkg + | Premium Pkg

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Just to circle back to this issue (gave updates in a separate post), the MB dealer performed a software update with an understanding that it may not resolve the problem from previous day. The Comand system was working as expected during the drive down to dealer so I was a bit skeptical. As of today it's been trouble free. I was surprised, the guys at the dealer were honest in that they admitted two other cars there had identical issues and if the flash didn't work they'd give me a loaner and order a replacement unit. Apologetic but straight talk and I appreciated that.
    Rapidfirerob and pa4ul like this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    Glad to hear. I had the same problem. Dealership had the car overnight re flashed the software and viola it was working. I know others have had to have the whole unit replaced which takes weeks but I guess its a hit or miss on that boat.
    CLA 250 Sport Plus ( Mountain Grey) AMG Quad exhaust and diffusor : TMC Piggyback : Multimedia Package : Pano Roof : Illuminated Star : BOV Turbokits : Alpine Type R's

• Sponsored Links