Warranty expires in a few months. - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Warranty expires in a few months.

This is a discussion on Warranty expires in a few months. within the CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Get 'em to check the seals/gaskets on your turbo, also check the fuel door solenoid....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree10Likes

Thread: Warranty expires in a few months.

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    Get 'em to check the seals/gaskets on your turbo, also check the fuel door solenoid.
    2016 CLA250 SPORT Mountain Grey

Proud Supporter of 'The MB Gap'
    Charter Forum Member of the 'Rollicking Band of International Dimwits'.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    yeah i am not keen when aug 2020 rolls around when the (reeeeeeally comprehensive) extended warranty expires
    good news is the mars lander would have taken off by then ... 8-)
    I truly understand the feeling. I found an auto shop (that specializes on European cars) through reference from a friend where to bring my CLA just in case in needs repair (MB tech) that is not the dealer. I haven't used them yet but just knowing I have a place to go beyond the dealer is comforting.
    CLA250 C4, Northern Lights Violet, Illuminated Star, Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ LED Taillight, R31, All-Weather Tires, Rear Spoiler, Expel Clear Wrap, Suntek Clear Wrap, MB-Tex Ash Grey, CF Dash Kit, Steel Door Pins, WeatherTech Floorliners, Euro Alloy Pedals

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahn View Post
    I truly understand the feeling. I found an auto shop (that specializes on European cars) through reference from a friend where to bring my CLA just in case in needs repair (MB tech) that is not the dealer. I haven't used them yet but just knowing I have a place to go beyond the dealer is comforting.
    Well ask for a water pump quote ... since you already have a baseline for that fix
    Emir likes this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Well ask for a water pump quote ... since you already have a baseline for that fix
    I definitely will
    CLA250 C4, Northern Lights Violet, Illuminated Star, Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ LED Taillight, R31, All-Weather Tires, Rear Spoiler, Expel Clear Wrap, Suntek Clear Wrap, MB-Tex Ash Grey, CF Dash Kit, Steel Door Pins, WeatherTech Floorliners, Euro Alloy Pedals

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    hey i want one of those!
    what is the recall code if i may ask?
    or any "codes" ... would like to look this up 8-)

…………………

Since MB has made this a VIN specific warranty coverage addendum, dated "March, 2019," they don't have a "Recall" code,
    but they do provide a sticker, to place on the inside back cover of the service & warranty information booklet, (which I am still looking for.)

At the bottom edge of the sticker it says "c 2018 Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (02/18) P-BQ-OTS-EWA Printed in USA"
    ……...
    I theorize that MB would rather not call it a recall at this moment, in this particular communication, for cost/legal reasons.
    So, they made it VIN specific applicable when symptoms appear and/or the car is presented for service....perhaps.

#1: '14 250 Universe Blue (Limited Ed.) + Leath, Walnut, Parktronic, Prem Pk, Interior Pk., Multimedia , Driver Assist, Lighted Sills, LoJack, Ext. War, Wheel Locks, Random Sunglasses Holder, + (Bonus - Extra Wide Door Gaps.)
    #2: '14 250 Polar Silver + [Same as above] + Pano, (Minus Random Sunglass Holder.)

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo K View Post

…………………

Since MB has made this a VIN specific warranty coverage addendum, dated "March, 2019," they don't have a "Recall" code,
    but they do provide a sticker, to place on the inside back cover of the service & warranty information booklet, (which I am still looking for.)

At the bottom edge of the sticker it says "c 2018 Mercedes-Benz USA, LLC (02/18) P-BQ-OTS-EWA Printed in USA"
    ……...
    I theorize that MB would rather not call it a recall at this moment, in this particular communication, for cost/legal reasons.
    So, they made it VIN specific applicable when symptoms appear and/or the car is presented for service....perhaps.

gotcha it's the "EWA" warranty addendum sticker

if I may inquire what month/year was your car made?

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    …...if I may inquire what month/year was your car made?
    ……………

07/13,

Label reads:
    "Passenger Car 761 07/13
    Made in Hungary"

(Special ordered 02/13, although full specs were finalized much later & my updated signature will drop the "Universe Blue" vehicle.)

#1: '14 250 Universe Blue (Limited Ed.) + Leath, Walnut, Parktronic, Prem Pk, Interior Pk., Multimedia , Driver Assist, Lighted Sills, LoJack, Ext. War, Wheel Locks, Random Sunglasses Holder, + (Bonus - Extra Wide Door Gaps.)
    #2: '14 250 Polar Silver + [Same as above] + Pano, (Minus Random Sunglass Holder.)

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Warranty expires in a few months.

Quote Originally Posted by Geo K View Post

……………

07/13,

Label reads:
    "Passenger Car 761 07/13
    Made in Hungary"

(Special ordered 02/13, although full specs were finalized much later & my updated signature will drop the "Universe Blue" vehicle.)

Oh wow you had one of the *early* ones ... there were quite a few software bugs back then
    Gosh you must have went from watching the superbowl ad to the order desk if it was ordered feb 13
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    3 Post(s)
    Oh wow you had one of the *early* ones ... there were quite a few software bugs back then
    Gosh you must have went from watching the superbowl ad to the order desk if it was ordered feb 13
    …………………

This morning, the NHTSA issued a recall notice # 19V131 for 2018 CLA250, "Tail lights and side markers may fail - Reduced visibility increases the risk of crash." They estimate that only 12 VINs are affected and MBUSA will notify the owners later this month. Owners also can check their VINs at www.safercar.gov

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Wow ... tracking to component levels per vin among thousands of cars thats cool
    So few but got a “recall” title for this lamps thing ... yet the ecu software bit across soooooooo many cars did not
    Guess the ecu case is not safety related enough

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links