Sunroof rails not covered under MB CPO warranty - Page 2
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Sunroof rails not covered under MB CPO warranty

This is a discussion on Sunroof rails not covered under MB CPO warranty within the CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Return with a copy of the web page. Ask to see someone else too.....

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
Like Tree6Likes

Thread: Sunroof rails not covered under MB CPO warranty

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Return with a copy of the web page. Ask to see someone else too..
    Best lord of the ocean
 here

Member #
    Mentioned
    1 Post(s)
    Another update. Finally got in touch with customer service 2 weeks ago. They did confirm the rail isn't covered by CPO but they could plead with the dealership to perform a "good will" repair. Still haven heard back. Chased them yesterday - no response.

Guess what car brand I won't consider ever again.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.
    2014 CLA250-4 Edition 1, Mountain Grey, all stock

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    I have just jumped into this forum with some information you guys might find interesting, I install and repair sunroofs here in Australia and the last couple of years this model sunroof has been turning up with broken parts quite a lot . What we have found is that when the roof is open the two mounting fittings at the front and rear are quite close to each other and the main part of the glass is overhanging the rear guide , the weight of the glass in that position places a lot of weight in an upward direction on the front fitting . If you go over a speed bump or a decent pothole with the roof open the front plastic guide will shatter leaving you with either a lot of wind noise or a corner of the roof lifting up and down . Its a complex job to replace the guide as the whole rail assembly needs to be replaced , if your vehicle is only just out of warranty I have suggested to a few customers to apply for out of warranty claim . Now here is the interesting thing Mercedes know about this problem as some Merc dealers I have contacted have up to 6 sets of rails instock , normally any sunroof parts are on a ten day waiting for delivery but this model is an exception .
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny43.5 View Post
    I have just jumped into this forum with some information you guys might find interesting, I install and repair sunroofs here in Australia and the last couple of years this model sunroof has been turning up with broken parts quite a lot . What we have found is that when the roof is open the two mounting fittings at the front and rear are quite close to each other and the main part of the glass is overhanging the rear guide , the weight of the glass in that position places a lot of weight in an upward direction on the front fitting . If you go over a speed bump or a decent pothole with the roof open the front plastic guide will shatter leaving you with either a lot of wind noise or a corner of the roof lifting up and down . Its a complex job to replace the guide as the whole rail assembly needs to be replaced , if your vehicle is only just out of warranty I have suggested to a few customers to apply for out of warranty claim . Now here is the interesting thing Mercedes know about this problem as some Merc dealers I have contacted have up to 6 sets of rails instock , normally any sunroof parts are on a ten day waiting for delivery but this model is an exception .
    Damn! That is screwed up!
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by sunny43.5 View Post
    ... the weight of the glass in that position places a lot of weight in an upward direction on the front fitting . If you go over a speed bump or a decent pothole with the roof open the front plastic guide will shatter ...
    not surprised ... the polymer part gets brittle over time
    of course the long moment cantilever design doesnt help
    i usually only open 50% travel cuz of that worry
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

• Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Sponsored Links