After Warranty Woes
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

After Warranty Woes

This is a discussion on After Warranty Woes within the CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; After my 4 year warranty expires, trouble arises: Water pump broke Xenon headlight dying at passenger side Not even 30,000 miles, hahaha.... Oh well...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree8Likes

Thread: After Warranty Woes

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)

After Warranty Woes

After my 4 year warranty expires, trouble arises:

Water pump broke
    Xenon headlight dying at passenger side

Not even 30,000 miles, hahaha.... Name:  20180924 CLA with Soft White.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  837.6 KB

Oh well
    Last edited by Bahn; 09-24-2018 at 03:09 PM.
    CLA250 C4, Northern Lights Violet, Illuminated Star, Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ LED Taillight, R31, All-Weather Tires, Rear Spoiler, Expel Clear Wrap, Suntek Clear Wrap, MB-Tex Ash Grey, CF Dash Kit, Steel Door Pins, WeatherTech Floorliners, Euro Alloy Pedals

Member #
    Mentioned
    2 Post(s)
    That’s how it always works. They promised you a working car for 4 years. That’s all.
    Bahn likes this.
    2014 Mercedes CLA250 4Matic

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Bahn View Post
    After my 4 year warranty expires, trouble arises:

Water pump broke
    Xenon headlight dying at passenger side

Not even 30,000 miles, hahaha.... Name:  20180924 CLA with Soft White.jpg
Views: 464
Size:  837.6 KB

Oh well
    Well the bulbs have a stated lifetime so that one may be swept under the rug...
    But the water pump? What happened? Leak somewhere?
    And you didnt happen to notice the impeller material difference when they swapped it?
    Rapidfirerob and Bahn like this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    @jmc

The waterpump is okay now, so far MB did not "find" anything unusual with the car's behavior regarding the temp gauge reading going up and down. According to the tech, it was an acceptable behavior on a 2014 CLA. Hahaha! okay, okay MB gave me a full text report with the different diagnostics they've done. They even claim there was a TSB but could not disclose the number. Anyways I can live with it until something bugs me. I have a non-dealer shop that I can visit with MB techs down the road when I need to.

And for the headlight bulb, I just ordered Osram and a Beamtech. I'll install the Beamtech first then let it sit for awhile to make sure I don't have any electrical strikes accelerating the burn out of the headlights. That should be easy.

After all of this, I still love this car (I'll be keeping it until it wears out my patience)! My wife wants to lease her car and when that happens, I'll be that car's driver ;-) (to lessen the load on my CLA)!
    CLA250 C4, Northern Lights Violet, Illuminated Star, Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ LED Taillight, R31, All-Weather Tires, Rear Spoiler, Expel Clear Wrap, Suntek Clear Wrap, MB-Tex Ash Grey, CF Dash Kit, Steel Door Pins, WeatherTech Floorliners, Euro Alloy Pedals

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by traxem View Post
    That’s how it always works. They promised you a working car for 4 years. That’s all.
    It'll be working beyond that, but it just means you're on your own unless you buy the extended warranty.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    @jmc

The waterpump is okay now, so far MB did not "find" anything unusual with the car's behavior regarding the temp gauge reading going up and down. According to the tech, it was an acceptable behavior on a 2014 CLA. Hahaha! okay, okay MB gave me a full text report with the different diagnostics they've done. They even claim there was a TSB but could not disclose the number. Anyways I can live with it until something bugs me. I have a non-dealer shop that I can visit with MB techs down the road when I need to.

And for the headlight bulb, I just ordered Osram and a Beamtech. I'll install the Beamtech first then let it sit for awhile to make sure I don't have any electrical strikes accelerating the burn out of the headlights. That should be easy.

After all of this, I still love this car (I'll be keeping it until it wears out my patience)! My wife wants to lease her car and when that happens, I'll be that car's driver ;-) (to lessen the load on my CLA)!
    Appreciate the update! That mysterious TSB has me worried ... something’s afoot ....

Is the “report” to long or complicated to post? You know I had to ask

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Appreciate the update! That mysterious TSB has me worried ... something’s afoot ....

Is the “report” to long or complicated to post? You know I had to ask
    I'll post it soon hehehe, just need to pull it out of my log book. ;-)

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Name:  CLA post 01.jpg
Views: 370
Size:  502.7 KB @jmc
    here you go.
    Essentially BS report.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    I replaced the headlight bulbs during breaktime and now its blazing again... Attachment 61662

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    here you go.
    Essentially BS report.
    Yes - the coolant temperature will fluctuate but modulation is on the order of minutes
    So No - the gauge should not be "jumping" around

My concern is not so much the gauge reading issue but rather what it indicates - localized
    transient hot spots due to poor cooling system bleeding after component replacement ...
    which aint good for the engine

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links