2. issues! Interior lights not working w/driver door-window malfunction
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on 2. issues! Interior lights not working w/driver door-window malfunction within the CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; New to this so apologies if I'm not posting properly. Have 2014 CLA-when I open the driver's door the interior lights no longer come on. ...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
Like Tree5Likes

Thread: 2. issues! Interior lights not working w/driver door-window malfunction

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

New to this so apologies if I'm not posting properly. Have 2014 CLA-when I open the driver's door the interior lights no longer come on. The settings are correct and the lights come on when any other door is opened.

In addition, the driver's window is not dropping/raising automatically as it should when driver door is opened/closed. (Again, all the others are working fine.) So, wondering if anyone knows an easy fix for either! Fyi, I tried the window reset (lower window, hold till it clicks, raise window, hold till it clicks) which in the past has fixed the widow problem, but it's not working this time. Any help would be appreciated-thanks!

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Check to see if the middle light switch is set in the middle, if that makes sense. Otherwise, the interior lights won't come on.
    pa4ul likes this.
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    If its just that one door might be a bad wire in the harness or bad door open/close sensor (might just be a mechanical switch)
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rapidfirerob View Post
    Check to see if the middle light switch is set in the middle, if that makes sense. Otherwise, the interior lights won't come on.

Thanks.. and yes, the switch is in the middle. As I mentioned, the lights come on when the other doors are opened.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    If its just that one door might be a bad wire in the harness or bad door open/close sensor (might just be a mechanical switch)

Hi, Regarding the bad wire/or door sensor... are you referring to the lights not working, or the window, or both?
    (And I guess this means a trip to the dealer?)
    Thanks!

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by mcbbg View Post
    Hi, Regarding the bad wire/or door sensor... are you referring to the lights not working, or the window, or both?
    (And I guess this means a trip to the dealer?)
    Thanks!
    well i am just starting with the least costly issues ... who knows maybe a bug got into the door latch mechanism (which most probably contains a switch of some sort) and died right between the contacts

come to think of it ... do you get the "open door" error while driving?

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Got it! Thanks. And no, no open-door error.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    If no door ajar warning ... seems to be a signal block somewhere between the door sensor and lamps/window
    The dealer may have to take a peek at the SAM (signal acquisition module) unit for those systems ... yuck

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    ps

but before visiting the dealer ... open the door wide and grab the rubber wire harness boot near the hinges ... move it around a bit and try again

you never know
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    If no door ajar warning ... seems to be a signal block somewhere between the door sensor and lamps/window
    The dealer may have to take a peek at the SAM (signal acquisition module) unit for those systems ... yuck
    Yuck??! I guess that means yuck as in invasive/costly?! Ouch, but thanks! And I fooled w/ the harness, nothing.

Another thing I noticed today, the driver door does completely illuminate around all the buttons and door handle when you put the key in and turn to first position as it should. And if any other door is opened, the area right behind the driver door handle lights, but nothing else. (Well that and all the interior lights.)
    Last edited by mcbbg; 02-06-2019 at 08:50 PM.

• Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Sponsored Links