Sunblind Doesn't Roll-back
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Sunblind Doesn't Roll-back within the CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; The pano sunroof and the sunblind gears seem to work (open and close), but the sunblind didn't roll back today. In the closed position, the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 1 Post By natNatlang10!
  • 1 Post By jmc

Thread: Sunblind Doesn't Roll-back

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

The pano sunroof and the sunblind gears seem to work (open and close), but the sunblind didn't roll back today. In the closed position, the both sides of the shade hang down and middle droops. In the open position, it completely hangs over the back seat and does not retract. The front gear initially seemed to have gotten off-track but after opening and closing it a few times, it's gliding smoothly. I'm not sure if there is supposed to be a rear gear that rolls back the blind, if there is, it doesn't appear to be functioning.

I live on Guam and brought my 2014 CLA250 from Michigan for a military relocation and unfortunately, there are no dealers on the island.
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    21 Post(s)
    Is there a mechanic who knows how to work on Mercedes? It's cheaper to take your car to an independent mechanic for all repairs. Good luck!
    2014 CLA 250: Night Black, Beige Interior, Pano Roof, Spoiler, Bi Xenons, Sport Package, Burl Walnut Wood Trim, Opticoat, Xpel, Alembic Spoiler bass, Eve IONA bass, Michael Kelly acoustic bass guitar, Gibson J40, Carvin Cobalt 750, Genz Benz Shuttle 6.2 and 6.0 amps, Two Gallien-Krueger Neo II 1X12 cabs, BOSS TU-3 tuner, Guardian of The Mighty Door Gap.

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Something is blocking movement in its rails?
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    There doesn't appear to be. The front rollers glide smoothly all the way back, the fabric doesn't roll up and hide-away and droops at the back seat. I don't know if there is a separate roller for the back to keep the shade tight and hidden.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Unfortunately, everything here is more expensive since it's an island. I do have a "certified" Mercedes mechanic here who has been doing my repairs and oil changes. I was hoping not to have to take it to him since he is pricey.

• Sponsored Links