Power Window Problem - Driver Side
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

Power Window Problem - Driver Side

This is a discussion on Power Window Problem - Driver Side within the CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; Recently, my driver-side window is acting up. It no longer goes up or down with a single touch; I have to hold the switch. Not ...

Like Tree6Likes
  • 3 Post By jmc
  • 2 Post By mbsang
  • 1 Post By brswick

Thread: Power Window Problem - Driver Side

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

Question Power Window Problem - Driver Side

Recently, my driver-side window is acting up. It no longer goes up or down with a single touch; I have to hold the switch. Not that big a deal, but the slight drop of the window when the door is opened does not go back up to make a complete seal when the door is closed. Of course, when I am in the vehicle I can just push the button and up it goes. The problem is when I park and leave the vehicle the window remains slightly down and not fully sealed. Before taking it to the shop, does anyone have a suggestion on a DIY fix?

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    another member had a (somewhat) similar problem ... that case was a door latch mechanism and the associated signals for the window
    however yours has the added issue of the one touch not working ... hopefully it is just a problem with that particular switch
    try the user manual content about "resetting" the window??
    Rapidfirerob, brswick and 2katman2 like this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brswick View Post
    Recently, my driver-side window is acting up. It no longer goes up or down with a single touch; I have to hold the switch. Not that big a deal, but the slight drop of the window when the door is opened does not go back up to make a complete seal when the door is closed. Of course, when I am in the vehicle I can just push the button and up it goes. The problem is when I park and leave the vehicle the window remains slightly down and not fully sealed. Before taking it to the shop, does anyone have a suggestion on a DIY fix?
    You may try to reset window before you go to a shop.
    https://www.mercedescla.org/forum/5-...w-problem.html
    Rapidfirerob and brswick like this.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    That worked! YAY! Thank you both. I was dreading a $500 service bill for this!

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Good! Amazing what a little reset will do!

Now if only the better half had such a function ... if she saw this I’m dead

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    Good! Amazing what a little reset will do!

Now if only the better half had such a function ... if she saw this I’m dead
    Heck, if only we ALL had such a function!
    jmc likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by brswick View Post
    That worked! YAY! Thank you both. I was dreading a $500 service bill for this!
    Great! I'm glad it worked out for you.
    '14 ML350 4MATIC
    '14 CLA250
    '02 C230K Coupe (gone)

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Adding on to this thread, got an intermittent issue where always and only at first start up of the car for the day, I auto drop the driver's window all the way down and the window makes a loud thud sound. After that, I try to replicate the same issue and it dosent happen or make that sound.

Stealership knows about it but they cant replicate it after the first time so they are saying if we open it and find no issue, with the window mechanism , I will get charged 1 hr of labour.

Anyone else dealing with this issue in terms of the window regulator holder making a loud thud sound when dropped all the way down for the first time after first startup of the day?
    Last edited by ekim88; 03-22-2019 at 11:10 AM.
    2015 CLA250 4matic Calcite White, AMG Sports Plus Pkg, Premium Pkg, Premium Plus Pkg, Dark Ash Trim, Keyless Go.

Nov 2015 Delivery

Member #
    Mentioned
    6 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by ekim88 View Post
    Adding on to this thread, got an intermittent issue where always and only at first start up of the car for the day, I auto drop the driver's window all the way down and the window makes a loud thud sound. After that, I try to replicate the same issue and it dosent happen or make that sound.

Stealership knows about it but they cant replicate it after the first time so they are saying if we open it and find no issue, with the window mechanism , I will get charged 1 hr of labour.

Anyone else dealing with this issue in terms of the window regulator holder making a loud thud sound when dropped all the way down for the first time after first startup of the day?
    Mine does every so often.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
    2015 CLA 250
    Sport Package, Premium Package I and Bi-Xeon Headlights and LED Tails

• Sponsored Links