Clicking sound under passenger seat
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on Clicking sound under passenger seat within the CLA Problems/Issues/Complaints forums, part of the Mercedes-Benz CLA Forum category; I keep hearing a clicking sound and I think it comes from under the passenger seat. I hear it almost everytime I drive. Told the ...

Like Tree2Likes
  • 2 Post By pa4ul

Thread: Clicking sound under passenger seat

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

I keep hearing a clicking sound and I think it comes from under the passenger seat. I hear it almost everytime I drive. Told the dealer about it. They told me the wiring might be the problem so they checked it and they didn't find any problems.

It's a 2018 cla250 4matic.

Here's a video (it was filmed while driving so there is a little road noise as well but we can clearly hear the clicking sound)

Thanks!

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    next time you hear the clicking check your backrest position on the passenger seat. I had a similar click and one day held the back of the seat and low and behold the sound went away. I just had to adjust the seat more upright and no more clicking. its Worth a shot and hopefully a easy fix!
    Rapidfirerob and Geo K like this.
    CLA 250 Sport Plus ( Mountain Grey) AMG Quad exhaust and diffusor : TMC Piggyback : Multimedia Package : Pano Roof : Illuminated Star : BOV Turbokits : Alpine Type R's

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by pa4ul View Post
    next time you hear the clicking check your backrest position on the passenger seat. I had a similar click and one day held the back of the seat and low and behold the sound went away. I just had to adjust the seat more upright and no more clicking. its Worth a shot and hopefully a easy fix!
    So I tried playing with the seat just to see if it would change something but it didn't. It makes the same sound as when relays are closing. Not gonna lie this is driving me nuts

Imagine driving for 2 hours and hearing that lolll. I think i'll go back to the dealer.

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)

Might be one of the seat movement motors getting funny signals so its clicking back and forth
    Or might be a loose drive nut / sloppy mechanical engagement somewhere
    Can you rock the seat and seatback?

Member #
    Mentioned
    10 Post(s)
    the seat controls under my seat had also became quiet loose so I got a couple of zip ties and secured it because Mercedes was deaf and kept claiming they couldn't hear anything also! then I got the seat back making noise. Might try to zip ties just to see if it cures the rattle and then go to Mercedes and tell them you have zeroed in the culprit.
    CLA 250 Sport Plus ( Mountain Grey) AMG Quad exhaust and diffusor : TMC Piggyback : Multimedia Package : Pano Roof : Illuminated Star : BOV Turbokits : Alpine Type R's

• Sponsored Links