About the Security and Data Breach Notification banner
Close
Login to Your Account
Mercedes CLA Forum

This is a discussion on About the Security and Data Breach Notification banner within the Site Help and Support forums, part of the New Member Introduction & Site Assistance category; You all will be seeing this at the top of every page...the link in the banner is safe, and it will take you to the ...

Like Tree4Likes
  • 1 Post By WERA689
  • 1 Post By Geo K
  • 1 Post By jmc
  • 1 Post By WERA689

Thread: About the Security and Data Breach Notification banner

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)

You all will be seeing this at the top of every page...the link in the banner is safe, and it will take you to the Vertical Scope (the new owner's) page explaining a breach in their security involving many of the forums they operate.

This breach occurred back in February, several months before this site was transferred to their servers. It's highly unlikely that anyone here would be affected in any way at all. BUT, VS wants to be sure it doesn't happen again, so, as the letter says, they're updating and revamping their security across all their sites--which now includes us. The upcoming password change is all we're likely to see of it, from what I can tell.

That's about all I know for now, but hit me up here if you have any questions. I'll be glad to find out anything I can for you.

Neil
    Rapidfirerob likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    ...the link in the banner is safe, and it will take you to the Vertical Scope (the new owner's) page explaining a breach in their security involving many of the forums they operate....they're updating and revamping their security across all their sites--which now includes us...but hit me up here if you have any questions.
    Neil, Following the links to find out the list of sites included in the "Vertical Scope" portfolio does not show the "CLA Forum"in the Automotive Section. Where can we find the updated listing?

WERA689 likes this.
    #1: '14 250 Universe Blue (Limited Ed.) + Leath, Walnut, Parktronic, Prem Pk, Interior Pk., Multimedia , Driver Assist, Lighted Sills, LoJack, Ext. War, Wheel Locks, Random Sunglasses Holder, + (Bonus - Extra Wide Door Gaps.)
    #2: '14 250 Polar Silver + [Same as above] + Pano, (Minus Random Sunglass Holder.)

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    In this day and age still have hacking concerns? Site security needs to go on the offensive and stop playing defense ...

• Remove Advertisements
    MercedesCLA.org
    Advertisements

Member #
    Mentioned
    4 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    In this day and age still have hacking concerns? Site security needs to go on the offensive and stop playing defense ...
    Cool. Who should they ATTACK first?
    2014 CLA250 | Cirrus White | GFB DV+ | Premium Package | CF Mirror Covers | CF Spoiler | Burl Walnut Trim | Illuminated Star | Black Vinyl Roof l Wrap | Sprint Booster

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Rick-F View Post
    Cool. Who should they ATTACK first?
    Our alphabet techs can easily trace back to the sources and return the favors ... or better yet wipe out the whole freaking clan ... waste of our planet's air otherwise. 😋

jmc
    Member #
    Mentioned
    109 Post(s)
    This reminds me of a drug dealer who hacked my cell lines for job coordination and some mechanic who hacked my credit card for repair fees.
    Between the various agencies them yahoos are rotting in jail since these were cross state lines etc.
    I played possum and $&@?!/ them over and did it with a smile 😊
    Geo K likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by Geo K View Post
    Neil, Following the links to find out the list of sites included in the "Vertical Scope" portfolio does not show the "CLA Forum"in the Automotive Section. Where can we find the updated listing?

I have no idea how long it will take them to add the sites they bought from Forum Foundry to their master list. I'd think it's fairly far down the priority list at the moment, thanks to this security thing. That sale included somewhere in the neighborhood of 100 sites--their biggest acquisition at one time, as I understand it! Hell, I worked for Forum Foundry for almost 10 years, and only found out about one of their motorcycle sites a couple of months ago! And the motorcycle group of sites is my primary focus! Vertical Scope is massively larger than FF was, so it may be a while. Is there a particular site you want to be sure they own?

Neil

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by WERA689 View Post
    ... Is there a particular site you want to be sure they own?...Neil

Yes Neil, Can they name for you any Other Mercedes And Jaguar sites which they own, if any? Thanks.

#1: '14 250 Universe Blue (Limited Ed.) + Leath, Walnut, Parktronic, Prem Pk, Interior Pk., Multimedia , Driver Assist, Lighted Sills, LoJack, Ext. War, Wheel Locks, Random Sunglasses Holder, + (Bonus - Extra Wide Door Gaps.)
    #2: '14 250 Polar Silver + [Same as above] + Pano, (Minus Random Sunglass Holder.)

Member #
    Mentioned
    0 Post(s)
    None that they got from FF, that much I'm sure about. Any they had prior to the sale of this site should be on their page.
    Geo K likes this.

Member #
    Mentioned
    5 Post(s)
    Quote Originally Posted by jmc View Post
    This reminds me of a drug dealer who hacked my cell lines for job coordination and some mechanic who hacked my credit card for repair fees.
    Between the various agencies them yahoos are rotting in jail since these were cross state lines etc.
    I played possum and $&@?!/ them over and did it with a smile 
    Nice, serves them right
    CLA250 C4, Northern Lights Violet, Illuminated Star, Bi-Xenon Headlights w/ LED Taillight, R31, All-Weather Tires, Rear Spoiler, Expel Clear Wrap, Suntek Clear Wrap, MB-Tex Ash Grey, CF Dash Kit, Steel Door Pins, WeatherTech Floorliners, Euro Alloy Pedals

• Sponsored Links