Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
So I'm looking at getting a set of 19 inch wheels to put on my CLA250. I would like to have them here when the car gets here. I'm thinking of getting a set that are 19x8.5 +32mm offset with 235/35/19 tires all around. I ordered it with the sport package that has the 18x7.5 +52mm AMG wheels. Any idea if they will fit without issues? Anyone running a similar setup?

·
Registered
896 Posts
have you confirmed those are the stock wheel sizes?

do u know center bore?

can u measure? its either 57 or 66mm so shouldnt be too hard with a ruler hehe!

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
That is the stock 18" wheel size that comes with the sport package. The center bore is 66mm I believe. I am mainly concerned with offset. I will be putting coilovers on the car as well, either KW or H&R. Not having the car here makes things a bit more difficult as far as measurements go.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
Ordered up 19x8.5 +42 all around, should look good. I'm putting on KW coilovers at the same time. :)

·
Registered
534 Posts
So I'm looking at getting a set of 19 inch wheels to put on my CLA250. I would like to have them here when the car gets here. I'm thinking of getting a set that are 19x8.5 +32mm offset with 235/35/19 tires all around. I ordered it with the sport package that has the 18x7.5 +52mm AMG wheels. Any idea if they will fit without issues? Anyone running a similar setup?
There are loads of calculators online that will compare the equivalent offset for a wider rim relative to stock.

If you deviate too much from the equivalent offset you run the risk of interference and rubbing either on the inside of the tire (suspension) or outside of the tire (wheel arch).

·
Registered
7 Posts
Ordered up 19x8.5 +42 all around, should look good. I'm putting on KW coilovers at the same time. :)
You may rub the rear fender liner depending upon how low you're going. I read in your build thread that you're lowering it 1.5". Let us know how it sits and post some pics.

·
Registered
59 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
I will be sure to post pics. I am going to get the wheels/tires mounted up early next week, then install the suspension and make adjustments. The 1.5" comment was purely based on some initial measurements. It may be less or more.

·
Registered
312 Posts
I will be sure to post pics. I am going to get the wheels/tires mounted up early next week, then install the suspension and make adjustments. The 1.5" comment was purely based on some initial measurements. It may be less or more.
This is very exciting. I'm really looking forward to hearing how they fit and seeing how they look. I feel even the optional 18" are somewhat diminished by the car and 19" may just be the sweet spot (at least visually). My only concern would be the ride. So any observations in that regard would be appreciated.

·
Registered
140 Posts
I am trying to choose between +32mm or +45mm. I am also planning to drop the car between 1-1.5". What do you guys think would work best?

1 - 9 of 9 Posts