Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I have the original 2014 Model CLA 250 front wheel drive with the AMG package and Mulit-media Command System, etc. I was wondering if anyone knows secret things with the key fob or does the fancy windows opening and closing only in the 2015 and newer models?

·
Registered
323 Posts
I have the original 2014 Model CLA 250 front wheel drive with the AMG package and Mulit-media Command System, etc. I was wondering if anyone knows secret things with the key fob or does the fancy windows opening and closing only in the 2015 and newer models?
It depends if the car came with the interior package, you can tell if you see an infrared sensor on the door handle. Here is a screenshot of the 2014 CLA brochure.

·
Registered
640 Posts
NR,
Try this:
1) Holding your key close to the drivers door handle, aim the tip at the sensor.
2) Press & Hold "Unlock," The windows and Pano roof will open.
__

To close them press "Lock"

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
It depends if the car came with the interior package, you can tell if you see an infrared sensor on the door handle. Here is a screenshot of the 2014 CLA brochure.

My car has most of this stuff, but not the compass on the mirror, or black chrome tail pipes, carbon fiber air dam, etc... seems like a newer version. Thanks 4 your help!

·
Registered
640 Posts
Also, If you received the CLA Owner's Manual, check p.88.

·
Registered
1,519 Posts
if you have the sensor on your doors you can also open the windows by pushing on the sensor for three seconds then pull the handle and the windows open half way. Just push and hold the sensor with the windows and pano opened and all will close.

·
Registered
343 Posts
I do find a couple of MB's programming decisions wanting.

One can only pre-open the windows when standing at the driver's side door. They should let us do it when approaching the car from any side so it will cool the car before you get to it. Otherwise you're standing around in the hot sun at the door waiting, when it's quicker and easier at that point, to just open the door (also allowing the heat out) start - it and get the A/C going. The other is a similar issue with the rear hatch on their SUV's. The only place you can use the key fob to close the hatch is right behind the car where one can just as easily push the "close" button. I'd like to be able to close the hatch while walking away in the rain or hurrying to get inside in sub zero temps.

Another bone of contention with MB - Why do we have to hold in the seat memory button until everything gets into proper position? My wife is shorter than me so, I have to stand outside in the rain and cold while my seat retracts. In my old Lincoln a quick push of the button and it automatically went to your preset, easy-peesy!

·
Registered
640 Posts
It is probably MB's thinking that strictly from a security viewpoint, the closer you are to the driver's door the better....costs less as well.

·
Registered
323 Posts
I do find a couple of MB's programming decisions wanting.

One can only pre-open the windows when standing at the driver's side door. They should let us do it when approaching the car from any side so it will cool the car before you get to it. Otherwise you're standing around in the hot sun at the door waiting, when it's quicker and easier at that point, to just open the door (also allowing the heat out) start - it and get the A/C going. The other is a similar issue with the rear hatch on their SUV's. The only place you can use the key fob to close the hatch is right behind the car where one can just as easily push the "close" button. I'd like to be able to close the hatch while walking away in the rain or hurrying to get inside in sub zero temps.

Another bone of contention with MB - Why do we have to hold in the seat memory button until everything gets into proper position? My wife is shorter than me so, I have to stand outside in the rain and cold while my seat retracts. In my old Lincoln a quick push of the button and it automatically went to your preset, easy-peesy!
That’s so if you accidentally push the memory seat button for your wife while you’re in the driver’s seat, the seat doesn’t move forward and crush you. It has happened to me in my mom’s Acura and my sister’s Lexus.

·
Registered
10,163 Posts
Yeah it seems idiot proofing is their thinking plus a touch of security consciousness thrown in
As for the fob to car distance its an infrared system so line of sight and distance play roles
Though thought in later years they went to a radio signal system?

·
Registered
640 Posts
NR,
Try this:
1) Holding your key close to the drivers door handle, aim the tip at the sensor.
2) Press & Hold "Unlock," The windows and Pano roof will open.
__

To close them press "Lock"
………………………...…...………………………..
Nite,
Circling back...were you able to get this to work on Your CLA?

1 - 14 of 14 Posts