Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 31 of 31 Posts

·
Registered
14 Posts
Discussion Starter #21
Watch this link https://youtu.be/n3z83h74vhg The whine has been getting louder and sounds like it’s coming from behind the seat under the car. Like a shaft or something, I have a appointment tommrow to a new dealer, you can hear the whistle:whirring:whining sound everytime I lift my foot off the peddle. I do it like 2/3 times in this video. It’s way louder in person. Coming down from like 65MPH

·
Registered
2 Posts
So what do you think it is ? Bearing in the tranny? I get loud whine also when I let off my foot off the pedal. At around 55 Mph, I’m trying my best to rule everything besides the tranny since my warranty is out. Is use to be just 1/2 gear. Now I hear it all the time and it’s so annoying
Hi there, have you resolved your 45 winning sound? You are not the only one. My 45 has the same exact problem. :(

My tyres have uneven wear, more on the inside of the tyre. Not sure if its causing the whine.

·
Super Moderator
601 Posts
Hi there, have you resolved your 45 winning sound? You are not the only one. My 45 has the same exact problem. :(

My tyres have uneven wear, more on the inside of the tyre. Not sure if its causing the whine.
The tire issue is common, 45 eats tires, i've had multiple flats and each time it had uneven wear on left and right front tires.

The whining issue im pretty sure its turbo, i have it too dont be too picky on it. Only thing you can do go to the dealer take the foreman with you and make him listen to the noise, but it will cost you good $$$.

·
Registered
9,699 Posts
Watch this link
The whine has been getting louder and sounds like it’s coming from behind the seat under the car. Like a shaft or something, I have a appointment tommrow to a new dealer, you can hear the whistle:whirring:whining sound everytime I lift my foot off the peddle. I do it like 2/3 times in this video. It’s way louder in person. Coming down from like 65MPH
Well ... if it is something wrong ... shaft or hub bearing? Hope they track it down

·
Registered
2 Posts
The tire issue is common, 45 eats tires, i've had multiple flats and each time it had uneven wear on left and right front tires.

The whining issue im pretty sure its turbo, i have it too dont be too picky on it. Only thing you can do go to the dealer take the foreman with you and make him listen to the noise, but it will cost you good $$$.
Hi Emir,

Thanks for the reply. The unusual thing about the whine is its only apparent at a speed between 80-100km/hr when you eased of the accelerator. Is yours like that too? I will be bringing it in for a check soon.

·
Registered
2,214 Posts
No whines from my car... just from me because MB isn't bringing the 45S to the US in 2020...

21 - 31 of 31 Posts