Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 39 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
30 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
Watch this link https://youtu.be/n3z83h74vhg The whine has been getting louder and sounds like it’s coming from behind the seat under the car. Like a shaft or something, I have a appointment tommrow to a new dealer, you can hear the whistle:whirring:whining sound everytime I lift my foot off the peddle. I do it like 2/3 times in this video. It’s way louder in person. Coming down from like 65MPH

·
Registered
5 Posts
So what do you think it is ? Bearing in the tranny? I get loud whine also when I let off my foot off the pedal. At around 55 Mph, I’m trying my best to rule everything besides the tranny since my warranty is out. Is use to be just 1/2 gear. Now I hear it all the time and it’s so annoying
Hi there, have you resolved your 45 winning sound? You are not the only one. My 45 has the same exact problem. :(

My tyres have uneven wear, more on the inside of the tyre. Not sure if its causing the whine.

·
Premium Member
610 Posts
Hi there, have you resolved your 45 winning sound? You are not the only one. My 45 has the same exact problem. :(

My tyres have uneven wear, more on the inside of the tyre. Not sure if its causing the whine.
The tire issue is common, 45 eats tires, i've had multiple flats and each time it had uneven wear on left and right front tires.

The whining issue im pretty sure its turbo, i have it too dont be too picky on it. Only thing you can do go to the dealer take the foreman with you and make him listen to the noise, but it will cost you good $$$.

·
Registered
12,505 Posts
Watch this link
The whine has been getting louder and sounds like it’s coming from behind the seat under the car. Like a shaft or something, I have a appointment tommrow to a new dealer, you can hear the whistle:whirring:whining sound everytime I lift my foot off the peddle. I do it like 2/3 times in this video. It’s way louder in person. Coming down from like 65MPH
Well ... if it is something wrong ... shaft or hub bearing? Hope they track it down

·
Registered
5 Posts
The tire issue is common, 45 eats tires, i've had multiple flats and each time it had uneven wear on left and right front tires.

The whining issue im pretty sure its turbo, i have it too dont be too picky on it. Only thing you can do go to the dealer take the foreman with you and make him listen to the noise, but it will cost you good $$$.
Hi Emir,

Thanks for the reply. The unusual thing about the whine is its only apparent at a speed between 80-100km/hr when you eased of the accelerator. Is yours like that too? I will be bringing it in for a check soon.

·
Registered
2,241 Posts
No whines from my car... just from me because MB isn't bringing the 45S to the US in 2020...

Reactions: jmc

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi, have anyone solved this whining problem. My girlfriends car is making the same sound from between 40-120 kmh. I changed transmission and rear differential oils and filters and noise decrereased maybe little bit, but is still there. I m wondering could it be this : https://www.xdalys.lt/en/mercedes-w176-a45-gla-cla-45-transfer-case-a2462800300_reductors atleast sound is similar than the bad differential. Sorry my broke english:( and greetings from Finland!

·
Registered
4 Posts
Anyone solved the issue? I got the exact same noise in the exact same speeds comming from the gearbox area.
The noise was from 60-90km/h the car has 77.000km run.

What i have done so far is :
Replaced the rear differential because initially i thought it is a rear diff noise. But it wasnt
Then i replaced the PTU to a new second hand part. Wich should had less then 2000km run. After i put that in the noise now is shifted up to 85-110km/h but still there and even louder.
I also replaced the tires wich changed nothing.
I checked all 4 wheel bearings but no play or noise could be detected on the lifter
I chcked the oil level of the transmission wich is good.

Is it realy the transmission wich is faulty or what engine mount was mentioned?

·
Registered
4 Posts
The Rear Differential cost me 2100euro (2500$) in exchange to the old one. Directly from Mercedes.
The PTU would cost new from Mercedes 2200euro (2600$) i bought a 2000km like new second hand hole gearbox+ptu. It looks like new i hope they don't fool me.
I didnt changed the gearbox because i try to avoid it, it is realy a pain to change the gearbox because the hole front need to come off and the hole engine need to come out.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Still got the howling noise :)

So far i replaced the following parts without changing anything on the howling noise the car makes between 50-90kmh :

Power Transfer Unit
Rear Differential
All 4 wheel hubs&bearings
Tires
Transmission Oil and Filter
Differential Oil 3 times , 2 different viscositys

·
Registered
2 Posts
My 2014 CLA 45 whines. In low gears, and starts to whine at high speeds. It’s not really really loud, but still annoys. Me the car has 29K On it, I’m thinking it might be low on power steering fluid ??? I think it hasnt been change since I got it. “Pre owned” let me know guys. The car runs mint, just the whine
Did you fix this in the end

21 - 39 of 39 Posts