Mercedes CLA Forum banner

21 - 40 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #21 ·
hkps999,

Your Canadian deal;er is most likely correct, the Edition One is pretty much factory stocked and won't come with those packages. However, I do believe that the Edition one is available with or without Navigation. I will double check and get back to you ASAP.

Kevin S.

·
Registered
495 Posts
Baadmon,

Did some quick research, the CLA comes stock with Blue tooth connectivity so if you are using an updated cellphone like the Iphone4 and up, you can stream your music through the bluetooth without having and cords or paying an arm and a leg to get after market AUX inputs.

Hope that was helpful,

Kevin S.
Kevin thanks for the info! You are def a great asset to the forum. I'm pretty sure before the end of the day you will have made at least 100 posts from answering questions...lol!

I pre-ordered a CLA locally here in NC and just recently received a purchase order number with production dates.

Thanks again!

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Baadmon,

That's great to hear! haha Well if you are ever in the Connecticut area stop by and we can drive our CLA's together!

Have a great day!

Kevin S.

·
Registered
260 Posts
KevinSisco,

Thanks for the info. Can you estimate all-weather wheels/tires cost? I am seriously considering to remove sport package from my pre-order because of this issue (I am from WA, and with delivery estimation sometime late Step/early Oct I will need winter/all-weather tires within 3-5 weeks from delivery).
Does the same applies to Edition One?

·
Registered
288 Posts
Hmmn, i would really love to have the driver assistance package or at the very least the blind spot assist. I will probably have to forgo to the edition one and stick with the standard car.

·
Registered
90 Posts
Good info. I wish my dealer here was as helpful and informative. They basically said they didn't know anything and I gave them my name and number when one arrives. :/

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #28 ·
AlexG,

I have no idea what the tires are going to cost (not sure what style they are yet) and if you are from WA, I would consider waiting till the 4MATIC is released alittle bit later in the fall.

Kevin S.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Kevin, are most of the cars that you will be stocking come well equipped? I am not in CT but i just want to get a sense of what dealers will have on the lot. I am not really interested in ordering a car because i would want/need a car right away...

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #30 ·
cisternachyli,

To be honest it really depends on what the dealership is ordering for themselves. At my dealership we are getting close to 30 CLA's and one AMG that is being produced in factory as I'm typing. your local dealerships could be ordering vehicles that are over and or under equipped for your liking. It really depends on the individual dealership...

Kevin S.

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hey, can you explain what exactly the IR remote/Summer open drivers door is?

Is this like comfort access where you dont need the key to open or start the car? And what does summer have to do with it? lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
cisternachyli,

To be honest it really depends on what the dealership is ordering for themselves. At my dealership we are getting close to 30 CLA's and one AMG that is being produced in factory as I'm typing. your local dealerships could be ordering vehicles that are over and or under equipped for your liking. It really depends on the individual dealership...

Kevin S.
oh okay... good to know Kevin :). Wow, 30 is a big allotment!

·
Registered
53 Posts
I think you are referring to the IR Remote for Windows Open/Close for the Drivers Door.
Not the Keyless Start, it won't be available for CLA.

Hey, can you explain what exactly the IR remote/Summer open drivers door is?

Is this like comfort access where you dont need the key to open or start the car? And what does summer have to do with it? lol

·
Registered
896 Posts
So with that, is there any way that I can have the aux input put in my car after purchase?
there is always an aftermarket option for literally EVERY factory radio. it will cost about $100 when it comes out... it will be on sites like these:

Mercedes Benz Aux Ipod® Usb Bluetooth Mp3 Adapter - Ipod®, Aux Mp3, Usb, Bluetooth & Android Compatible Adapters - All List - Ipod® Aux Mp3 Usb Bluetooth Hd Adapters To Factory Radios - Autotoys

---

a local audio place will charge u for aux input and say custom fitment - in reality they will find a kit like these and hook it up . . they plug into the back of the radio . they are easy to install with radio tools/sometimes unnecessary

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #36 ·
Hey Vanguard

That package allows you to hold down the unlock button for three seconds and all the windows and sunroof will open in order to let all the hot air out of the car before the driver gets into the vehicle.

Kevin S.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #37 ·
C45,

You made a good point on the AUX post however with our COMAND system, the whole unit will have to be replaced and that will look not only unattractive in the vehicle but it will void the warranty on the electronics due to non mercedes benz parts being out into the vehicle, but some due and the ones that do usually don't care about the warranty cause they have enough money to replace the car lol.

Kevin S.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
C45,

The rear side airbags are always optional because the reason they don't come standard is because alot of people have young kids that are in booster seats in the back of the car and the airbags are known for causing severe damage to young infants and or suffocation so that's what MB leave it up to the potential buyer if they would like that option.

Kevin S.

·
Registered
174 Posts
Hi Kevin,

Do you know anything about Siri support in the CLA? Do I need the premium package, multimedia package, or the Drive Kit Plus package in order to gain Siri support?

Thanks,
Ben

21 - 40 of 137 Posts