Mercedes CLA Forum banner

41 - 60 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
294 Posts
C45,

You made a good point on the AUX post however with our COMAND system, the whole unit will have to be replaced and that will look not only unattractive in the vehicle but it will void the warranty on the electronics due to non mercedes benz parts being out into the vehicle, but some due and the ones that do usually don't care about the warranty cause they have enough money to replace the car lol.

Kevin S.
Pretty ridiculous how you have to pay $2,200 dollars if all you want is to play music from your Ipod and don't need the other features. Wouldn't you agree Kevin? Hopefully there's a way to do it without replacing the whole COMAND system unit thats pretty lame how they did not put it as an option as I am sure they know many people use ipods in cars for music. I don't think the whole COMAND system would have to be replaced to add an aux input btw.

US Code - Title 15, Chapter 50, Sections 2301-2312

Legally, a vehicle manufacturer cannot void the warranty on a vehicle due to an aftermarket part unless they can prove that the aftermarket part caused or contributed to the failure in the vehicle (per the Magnuson Moss Warranty Act (15 U.S.C. 2302(C)) .Service advisors that tell customers their warranty is automatically Voided if they add wheels, remote starts, fog lights, etc are IN VIOLATION of Federal LAW.

P.S People who do add non mercedes benz parts, don't do it because they have enough money to replace the car with that mindset they wouldn't be rich in the first place.

·
Registered
896 Posts
i may not be talking about the same thing u are . . not sure . . the setup i use is manual control of the ipod/phone/mp3 player . . . (not sure if thats what u want)

the one i have in my audi is very nice tho!

the aux adapters are high tech devices that plug into the back of the stock head unit - they usually hook into an empty input/port, cd changer input, or bluetooth radio input - something along those lines - usually cd changer.

the cord will have a box midway through (processes the signal and sends it to ur head unit the right way), and on the other end, an aux cable - its up to you where/how to route it . . .

--

in my audi .. wen i hit cd, it goes to the cd slot up front . when i hit CD again, it says CD DISK1 TRACK99 - but plays my ipod - the head unit thinks the optional disk changer is playing something

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
The 2014 CLA45 AMG is a 4MATIC so it will come with all weather/season low profile tires
WHAT?! The CLA45 is coming with ALL-SEASON TIRES?! Is there a Summer tire option?!

-Eric

P.S. I'm down in Fairfield County -- is New Country offering any discount off of MSRP on these cars yet?

·
Registered
294 Posts
i may not be talking about the same thing u are . . not sure . . the setup i use is manual control of the ipod/phone/mp3 player . . . (not sure if thats what u want)

the one i have in my audi is very nice tho!

the aux adapters are high tech devices that plug into the back of the stock head unit - they usually hook into an empty input/port, cd changer input, or bluetooth radio input - something along those lines - usually cd changer.

the cord will have a box midway through (processes the signal and sends it to ur head unit the right way), and on the other end, an aux cable - its up to you where/how to route it . . .

--

in my audi .. wen i hit cd, it goes to the cd slot up front . when i hit CD again, it says CD DISK1 TRACK99 - but plays my ipod - the head unit thinks the optional disk changer is playing something
Yeah, that's what im looking for just able to do it manually like a plug and play type of thing. Where i can pick the songs off my ipod and just play them through the speakers.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #46 ·
Eric,

We are not offering and discount off MSRP at the moment due to the traffic this vehicle is causing. Also, The 4MATIC version is comming in all weather tires, as far as the regular CLA250 goes, it will be comming in summer run flat tires...so I've heard. The information on this vehicle is limited because MB hasn't released their full specs on the vehicle yet...

Kevin S.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #47 ·
MoneyB,

Yes in order to have that access, the P1 package must be purchased...Bluetooth comes stock for streaming media so the P1 package must be purchsed to physically have the AUX and Iphone4 hookup in the armrest...

Kevin S.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Eric,

We are not offering and discount off MSRP at the moment due to the traffic this vehicle is causing. Also, The 4MATIC version is comming in all weather tires, as far as the regular CLA250 goes, it will be comming in summer run flat tires...so I've heard. The information on this vehicle is limited because MB hasn't released their full specs on the vehicle yet...

Kevin S.
Hi Kevin,

What I am trying to figure out is whether you're including the CLA45 when you say "4MATIC version." I know you and your dealership have no control over this but if MB equips the CLA45 with A/S tires without a $0 Summer tire option it will be a serious mistake. They can do whatever they want with the 250 4MATIC. ;)

-Eric

·
Registered
681 Posts
I think its absurd that after 10,000 in options, i still dont have push button start and comfort access.
MB doesn't think it is absurd if it will increase their profit margin by 1/2€. I think the mark up on the AMG is absurd, but if a car company can get a sucker like me to pay for it, it is just more money in the company coffers. BTW, I will miss those features from my Bimmer, but the alternative is to wait for the 2015 model.

·
Registered
288 Posts
MB doesn't think it is absurd if it will increase their profit margin by 1/2€. I think the mark up on the AMG is absurd, but if a car company can get a sucker like me to pay for it, it is just more money in the company coffers. BTW, I will miss those features from my Bimmer, but the alternative is to wait for the 2015 model.
no keyless GO is a bummer, but i can live with it..ive lived without it all these years. Mbrace is somewhat of a stop gap solution in the meantime. On the other hand, no discount off of MSRP is something i cant live with at the moment. I will wait a few months, maybe until December, to purchase.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
The more I get into pricing on the AMG the more out of whack it seems to me, as well. Rumor has it that the next generation C63 will also be AWD (much like the E36) which is a key factor to me. Based on the C63's current pricing there's basically a $7K difference between it and the CLA45 when similarly equipped with options. I don't know. I'm really on the fence on this one. Whether I go ahead with an order is going to depend a lot on my test drive.

-Eric

·
Registered
681 Posts
Kevin,
I salute you. You are probably the most knowledgeable CLA salesperson in the US. I have bought a couple of other "pre-release" cars, and in both instances there has been one person who has gone on the boards to give general help. That person has had to answer a ton of redundant, outright stupid, or merely ignorant questions. I bought from one of these salesmen. HIs work on the boards made him a lot of money, and I hope your efforts will pay off too. In the meantime, I look forward to learning more about the car from you.

Reactions: Testarossatx

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
C45, you mean because of its impact on the overall price? If so, I get that but, if you're financing it, wait to see what the additional $2,300 costs you per month when paid out over 36, 48 or 60 mos and then decide whether you can swing the extra cash.

-Eric

·
Registered
495 Posts
Kevin,
I salute you. You are probably the most knowledgeable CLA salesperson in the US. I have bought a couple of other "pre-release" cars, and in both instances there has been one person who has gone on the boards to give general help. That person has had to answer a ton of redundant, outright stupid, or merely ignorant questions. I bought from one of these salesmen. HIs work on the boards made him a lot of money, and I hope your efforts will pay off too. In the meantime, I look forward to learning more about the car from you.
I definitely agree with you. Kevin is definitely an asset to this forum and has gotten lots of members tuned in to his thread. BTW, Kevin is looking to purchase a CLA also...lol!

·
Registered
896 Posts
just keep thinking . this car is technically made to be cheap. I want to keep it that way...

all I want is the rearview and I bet there's a hack within a year to make an aftwrmarket one show up on my (now) tiny screen haha. - still gonna want the bigger one tho :-(

read a good headline on the cla 45 once and it makes me think about cutting out MM package:

cheap tickets but not cheap seats.

no mm pack gets me to about 51k even .

uhhhhhh

·
Registered
14 Posts
Just to clarify. Edition 1 does not come with the multimedia package? The things listed under Other (Are they included in the car)? Can Edition 1 be bought in the AWD?

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
just keep thinking . this car is technically made to be cheap. I want to keep it that way...
I completely know where you're coming from but try not to get too caught up in the numbers. I know it's easier said than done but it will drive you crazy if you overthink it. Remember, the CLA was designed to be an inexpensive Mercedes; not a "cheap" car. The base car still runs $29,9.

Maybe this will help a bit, too. If we can all agree that AMGs are more or less aligned with BMW's M cars and Audi's RS variants then consider the following comparisons:

In the US, the base price of a 320i sedan -- the least expensive 3 series currently available in the US - is $32,500.
The base price of an M3 coupe -- entry point for an M3 in the US -- is $60,100.
(Btw, our friends in Australia are dying right now)

Also, while an Audi A5 will run you $37,850 here;
the starting price of an RS5 is a hefty $68,900.
(insert Aussie comment about what hefty really means)

So, keeping those comparisons in mind, the AMG's pricing isn't really so far off the market. I'm taking back my previous "out of whack" comments. lol But yeah, you can almost buy 2 base CLA250s for the price of 1 nicely equipped CLA45. That might not be out of whack but it still seems wacky. Nevertheless, it's something any AMG, M, or RS buyer has to mentally accept when placing an order. After all, the CLA250, A5 and 320i are decent cars, no? ;)

-Eric

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #60 ·
Marvel,

Yes all weather/season tires come on the CLA250 4MATIC and the cost of a 4MAtic is usually about 2 grand more

Kevin S.

41 - 60 of 137 Posts