Mercedes CLA Forum banner

121 - 137 of 137 Posts

·
Registered
106 Posts
well his name is not on their Sales Team page, but at the same time, i find it odd that someone would post all of that, including an email address, which we havent verified as legit or not, and not be an actual sales rep.

if it is the case, LOSER. lol

·
Registered
288 Posts
well his name is not on their Sales Team page, but at the same time, i find it odd that someone would post all of that, including an email address, which we havent verified as legit or not, and not be an actual sales rep.

if it is the case, LOSER. lol
he hasnt replied back in a while either....

·
Registered
2 Posts
My apologies: My name is Mark Hoch; and I am the General Manager at New Country Mercedes: Kevin Sisco is a sales rep with us and is dealing with a family emergency. I'm sure that's why he hasn't responded. He is new to the store and that probably explains the receptionist mistake .
I was notified by the webmaster about this . I am thrilled that he is assisting the forum and getting the word out. While he is out ; if you need anything ; please contact me at [email protected]
Ps. When he gets back we will get his picture up:)

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Mark, thank you for clarifying this for all of us. Just a very odd set of circumstances. I know it felt very strange when the receptionist said she didn't recognize the name. He has been very helpful and responsive to a number of us. I think it's safe to say we're all happy he's legit! It's nice having a dealer on the forums who is willing to help. I hope everything turns for the better with his family.

-Eric

·
Registered
681 Posts
This has been a win - win for me. I got my daily giggle, and then found out that there is a Kevin who can help us all. (And hopefully make a pot full of money doing it.) Best wishes to Kevin & family.

Reactions: KevinSisco

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #129 ·
Cisternachyli,

Attention Assist is standard on the new 2014 CLA. However, the following comes in our Driver Assistance Package priced at $2500.00:

DISTRONIC PLUS®:
adaptive cruise control is no substitute for active driving involvement. It does not react to stationary objects, nor recognize or predict the curvature and lane layout of the road or the movement of vehicles ahead. It is the driver´s responsibility at all times to be attentive to traffic and road conditions, and to provide the steering, braking and other driving inputs necessary to retain control of the vehicle. Drivers are cautioned not to wait for the DISTRONIC Proximity Warning System before braking, as that may not afford sufficient time and distance to brake safely. After braking the car for stopped traffic ahead, system resumes automatically only if traffic pauses for less than 3 seconds.

Blind Spot Assist:
When the vehicle is traveling above approximately 20 mph, this system uses radar technology to sense when a vehicle enters the blind-spot area. Blind Spot Assist then automatically alerts the driver via an illuminated red icon in the appropriate side mirror. The system also gives an audible warning if the driver activates a turn signal while a vehicle is detected in the blind spot.

Lane Keeping Assist:
With technology that monitors ordinary road markings, Lane Keeping Assist helps detect unintended drifting off-course, and alerts the driver by vibrating the steering wheel.

·
Registered
34 Posts
Discussion Starter · #130 ·
Seems like Kevin has disappeared lol; Kevin, any word on if the driver assistance systems in the driver assistance package are active or passive? Also i saw no mention of PRE-SAFE...will the CLA include PRE-SAFE or not?
Cisternachyli,

Pre-Safe seems to not be an option on the new CLA and the systems are active or can be turned off at the disgression of the driver.

Kevin S.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Cisternachyli,

Pre-Safe seems to not be an option on the new CLA and the systems are active or can be turned off at the disgression of the driver.

Kevin S.
Hi Kevin, thank you so much for getting back to me. Hope everything is well with your family. Oh okay, so PRE-SAFE isnt an option. By active i meant, do the assistance systems merely warn you or do they actually intervene and take control? But from the description it seems like that they dont, and they are just the warning systems.

·
Registered
288 Posts
Yeah I was under the impression that some of these systems would actively intervene.
from the description MB has given..it doesnt look like it. It should have specifically said Active. Although the COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST becomes COLLISION PREVENTION ASSIST PLUS when the driver assistance package is selected. What that means, i dont know. I tried googling it last night to no avail. Honestly the active systems really work...and i would love to have them. I though the CLA would be available with all of MB's latest safety tech. I looked at the UK brochure for the CLA and it says that PRE-SAFE is optional over there.

·
Registered
161 Posts
Can someone explain to me what exactly is the Night Package? Are all the windows tinted and if so by how much tint? Is this all that the package consists of?

For those not purchasing Edition 1 or AMG CLA's, what options do we have? Is this something that the dealership can easily replicate via aftermarket? What about a reputable third party?

Also, what kind of flexibility can we expect from dealerships in allowing non-Edition 1 and non-AMG buyers to swap out the rims on the Sports Package for the black AMG rims? I'm assuming that if this is an option, we won't be able to do it until a few months after launch when the black rims become available as spare parts. If not, I guess the only other option would be to wait until they are supposedly available on the 2015 model.

·
Registered
4,108 Posts
Can someone explain to me what exactly is the Night Package? Are all the windows tinted and if so by how much tint? Is this all that the package consists of?

For those not purchasing Edition 1 or AMG CLA's, what options do we have? Is this something that the dealership can easily replicate via aftermarket? What about a reputable third party?
According to the US CLA45 Order Guide, the AMG Night Styling package (P60) is comprised of the following:

Gloss black side window frame trim and mirror cover
Gloss black splitter
Gloss black rocker panel insert
Gloss black diffuse
Conjoined quad trapezoidal tailpipes in black chrome
B58 center cap if you stick with the stock 18" rim

FWIW, the OG also says the package won't be available until Jan 2014.

As for the aftermarket, I'm sure plenty of companies will offer replacement rockers, mirror covers, etc. Like anything for these cars, however, don't expect them to be cheap. If you check around you will already see that there are tuners offering up body kits for these cars.

-Eric

·
Registered
90 Posts
According to the US CLA45 Order Guide, the AMG Night Styling package (P60) is comprised of the following:

Gloss black side window frame trim and mirror cover
Gloss black splitter
Gloss black rocker panel insert
Gloss black diffuse
Conjoined quad trapezoidal tailpipes in black chrome
B58 center cap if you stick with the stock 18" rim

FWIW, the OG also says the package won't be available until Jan 2014.

As for the aftermarket, I'm sure plenty of companies will offer replacement rockers, mirror covers, etc. Like anything for these cars, however, don't expect them to be cheap. If you check around you will already see that there are tuners offering up body kits for these cars.

-Eric
January!? Oh boy. Thats an issue.

121 - 137 of 137 Posts