Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Has anyone else had this issue? My car slipped in neutral a couple times while driving (with my kids!).. I was told a part that suppose to keep oil out of the engine failed.. and my engine had to get overhauled but only after being told they couldn’t find anything at first and then that they would have to get corporate’s “okay” to fix it even though I was within warranty. I then called corporate to get a complimentary warranty extension since mine ends in sept.. and this is pretty serious manufacturing failure and was told no. I love Mercedes but I don’t think I can buy anymore of their products.. the car only has 19k miles and it’s failing, $35k in and there’s no protection offered from their manufacturer vulnerabilities.. plus 2-3 recalls. I’m done! Has anyone else experienced this?

·
Registered
12,172 Posts
Slipping into neutral may be the transmission control unit acting up ... happened to mine about a year in
The bit about a part keeping oil OUT of the engine is odd ... a pic of the repair order on that would help
Your 2014 warranty must have run out by now so presume the warranty repairs occurred a while back?

·
Registered
3 Posts
Has anyone else had this issue? My car slipped in neutral a couple times while driving (with my kids!).. I was told a part that suppose to keep oil out of the engine failed.. and my engine had to get overhauled but only after being told they couldn’t find anything at first and then that they would have to get corporate’s “okay” to fix it even though I was within warranty. I then called corporate to get a complimentary warranty extension since mine ends in sept.. and this is pretty serious manufacturing failure and was told no. I love Mercedes but I don’t think I can buy anymore of their products.. the car only has 19k miles and it’s failing, $35k in and there’s no protection offered from their manufacturer vulnerabilities.. plus 2-3 recalls. I’m done! Has anyone else experienced this?
Me to...

·
Registered
1,794 Posts

·
Registered
1,794 Posts
*Today, 2/8/21, the NHTSA announced a RECALL #21V033000 (1-29-21), on the (2019)GLA250 due to complaints of the transmission slipping into neutral while driving.
*Note GLA not CLA.
*Cause > "The power supply for the automatic transmission control unit might be interrupted while driving possibly causing the transmission to shift into neutral."
*Remedy > Replace the transmission control unit.
*If you experience this with your CLA > Since this could contribute to an accident you are urged to report it to your MB Dealer immediately AND also to NHTSA at
** www.safercar.gov
1-888-327-4236
MBUSA
1-800-347-6372

You can see all the details at **and the Recall #

1 - 7 of 7 Posts