Mercedes CLA Forum banner

2014 CLA45 underpowered???

Tags
amg cla
2K views 0 replies 1 participant last post by  Mowtnman 
#1 ·
Purchased a used (i know) 2014 cla45 with 52k miles on it. The car ran fine for a couple months but about 6 weeks ago threw a CEL code for underboost. After being in and out of my local shop (specializing in euro cars) the CEL has been fixed and seemed to be related to a faulty sensor. He checked my turbo at the time and replaced a cracked hose as well.

The car initially runs great for the first 15-20 minutes i drive it (which is usually my to and from home time ) but i took it on a longer drive today and noticed that it feels as though my turbo mode is out when the car has been warmed up and running >20 minutes. Initially, this is why i took my car to the mechanic in the first place because it acted this way but it would always throw the CEL. Now it seems to act the same way but not throw the CEL. The funny thing is that if the car engine cools down I will get back on it and drive it like nothing is even wrong.... car seems to be back with full power/turbo/torque etc.

WTF is going on?? Anyone have similar issues? I got rid of my BMW for a similar issue not too long ago.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.