Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
110 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I have some very important questions regarding the new Mercedes Benz GLA:
Are those gorgeous photos of the GLA on motoroids.com actual pictures of U.S. spec production vehicles?
Will we get the GLA in 45 AMG spec? If so, how will performance compare to the CLA45 AMG and the euro A45 AMG?
Will the interior fittings and options be the same as the CLA45 AMG? How will visibility and cargo carrying compare?
Anyone got any answers?

·
Registered
2,860 Posts
I have some very important questions regarding the new Mercedes Benz GLA:
Are those gorgeous photos of the GLA on motoroids.com actual pictures of U.S. spec production vehicles?
Will we get the GLA in 45 AMG spec? If so, how will performance compare to the CLA45 AMG and the euro A45 AMG?
Will the interior fittings and options be the same as the CLA45 AMG? How will visibility and cargo carrying compare?
Anyone got any answers?
To early to tell to be honest, although I'm guessing it'll be a bit slower because theres probably going to be a weight difference. Also same with the rest of the stuff way to early to tell

·
Registered
62 Posts
So from what I've read from lots of various sources... the GLA 45 will be VERY close in performance because they are trying to keep it VERY close in weight.

As the standard GLA interior follows very closely the A/CLA interior, the AMG version should also VERY closely follow the interior specs of the A45/CLA45. Exterior appearance packages are unknown, although some sort of carbon fiber package is also very likely.

What I HAVEN'T gotten any confirmation or denial on is whether some of the other GLA specific features will be in the AMG version like the Hill Descent Control or the off road vehicle dynamics in the center LCD display.

It will be lowered compared to the stock GLA (no surprise there) and AMG is going to try to get it with 1-2 inches of the CLA 45 to maintain the generally great handling of the A45/CLA45.

·
Registered
347 Posts
The GLA 45 will be the CLA 45 on steroids or at least 20" Wheels.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts