Mercedes CLA Forum banner
1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
67 Posts
A new is250 is out of my "willing to spend on a car that is basically just 4 wheels and a steel frame" range. But it is a sweet car. Even the new body style is quite nice.
It is still on my "maybe when I retire or don't drive 100 miles a day for work" car and buy one used with low miles.

I'd wait until the CLA is out and take both out for some serious time on the road and go with the one that just feels right.

·
Registered
67 Posts
I looked at the new accords and even drove one. Just eh these days. The camry was a better ride. But I spent lots of time in my car, I want to like it and that goes for outside too. I think the camry is boring.
I'm an AK resident, so not worried about tax, luckily :)

Our thoughts is anything we keep for another 9 years is worth, well, nothing, like my volvo s40. So the idea of spending over 30k on a car doesn't sit well with me. We are keeping the volvo anyway and just getting another set of tires and fixing something that is making the tires wear badly. DH will drive it for his commuter when he can't take one of his bikes. My 27 mpg is better than his 12mpg with the truck. And I'll only be buying a new car if the new car is something I'd pick up the keys to when side by side with my s40 (I really love my s40 and wished volvo still made them and imported them to the us). Most of what I've driven this last month is ok, nice upgrades in 9 years over my car, but I still like my car better, even with the rattles and wear).
I may have an entry level Volvo, but it has spoiled me. Other cars just don't feel as nice.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts