Mercedes CLA Forum banner

Would you prefer 2015 AUDI A3 or 2014 MERCEDES-BENZ CLA250?

• 2015 AUDI A3

Votes: 6 10.5%
  • 2014 MERCEDES-BENZ CLA250

Votes: 51 89.5%

• Total voters
1 - 20 of 47 Posts

·
Registered
52 Posts
My top two choices for next car. It all comes down to how Audi prices the A3. If rumors are true that it comes standard with leather, panoramic sunroof, HID lights, and some nice MMI technology. With the A4 starting at around 32k, I would expect a nicely equipped A3 Quattro to come in around 33-35k.

The CLA however is the better looking car IMO. Though the A3 is not a bad looking car.

Still heavily leaning towrds the CLA. But its always nice to have options.

·
Registered
172 Posts
That A3 really does look like a Jetta. CLA really for me, but Audi has really neat standard features.

·
Registered
29 Posts
Quote from the article:
While I have yet to drive either vehicle, which car – at least on paper — is better equipped to warrant your entry-level money?
In other words; this article is nothing more than pure speculation at best. :disappointed:
Has the author even sat inside the vehicles that he's comparing?

·
Registered
730 Posts
8-0 CLA. Lol much different story if this was a audi forum. hehehe.
Well, they'd be e-diots if they didn't vote for the CLA too! :D

The CLA's design/style (namely looks, inside/out) transcends the market-segment in'question (import compact, sporty premium, entry-level luxo' sedans), as it's arguably one of the best looking rides out there regardless of class/size/niche/price/etc.

·
Registered
22 Posts
Without driving both of them, it is all speculation now on how these cars compare. Looking at purely specs without regard to price, I'll take the CLA. :clamps:

·
Registered
161 Posts
Without driving both of them, it is all speculation now on how these cars compare. Looking at purely specs without regard to price, I'll take the CLA. :clamps:
Exactly. If the Audi were $20,000, we'd all buy one. If it were $100,000, they wouldn't sell any.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Even if the Audi was $20K there still no way I would choose that over the CLA. The CLA is hands down a better looking and better machine. IMO

·
Registered
4 Posts
I haven't owned a car in quite a while now, I have been driving trucks with 4 wheel drive. As far as Mercedes goes with the 4matic is there a significant difference how the front wheel drive and the 4 matic CLA's will handle in snow or wet roads?

·
Registered
161 Posts
I haven't owned a car in quite a while now, I have been driving trucks with 4 wheel drive. As far as Mercedes goes with the 4matic is there a significant difference how the front wheel drive and the 4 matic CLA's will handle in snow or wet roads?
I would like to know the answer to that too- I can tell you that my C280 4matic was much better in snow than my C350 RWD.

·
Registered
339 Posts
It's a Haldex system just like the CLA. Remember, the A3 is a VW Golf.....

·
Registered
294 Posts
2015 audi a3 175.5 in. That's all i have to know. I would be embarassed driving a car thats less than 180 inches in length.

·
Registered
52 Posts
It's a Haldex system just like the CLA. Remember, the A3 is a VW Golf.....
I assumed the post was implying Audi wouldnt offer Quattro, meaning AWD, not specifically their torsen based AWD.

The A3 being a golf is a good thing to me, considering its pretty much the standard when it comes to FWD cars.

·
Registered
52 Posts
2015 audi a3 175.5 in. That's all i have to know. I would be embarassed driving a car thats less than 180 inches in length.

:crazy:

yea id be embarrassed to drive a Porsche 911 too. Or a Ferrari 458.

I've never thought to select my car based on how long it is. Cudos, you might start a trend.

1 - 20 of 47 Posts