Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello Everyone Mark here first post
I have a 2015 CLA 250 4matic absolutley love it. Today me and my daughter were in line at Dairy Queen and the car just died puttered out and it does not want to crank over (diagnosed its not the battery or starting unit) after frustration of being stuck in the drive thru was able to get in neurtal and towed to the house. Me and my dad inspected the fuel as he suspects the fuel pump but can hear it turning. I have seen three different components for this car the fuel pump, fuel pump driver modular, and the high pressure fuel pump on the engine itself. The direct fuel pump high pressure is not recieving fuel which leads us to believe that the fuel pump or the fuel pump driver modular or possible line in the pump or damaged as i seen videos on this but in older mercedes. Any help is appreciated if anyone has ever come across this before thank you all for the insights.

·
Registered
1,290 Posts
Welcome to the CLA Forum @cordovaking :)
Any messages on the dash?
What fuel do you use?
1st suggestion is to check for codes. Other members may have additional suggestions.

·
Registered
11,606 Posts
Geee now fuel pump cases are popping up

Several posts on this issue suggest it may be the main fuel pump at the gas tank

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Update for anyone having same issues was fuel pump. Rod on the pump was broken stuck out of position. Had to remove driver tran and exhaust then lower the gas tank. Be careful of the fuel line retaining clips break easy but are a gm part you can find at autozone, o’rielys

·
Registered
1,290 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
No clue besides being plastic as the pump seems to go up and down and the rod was stuck not going up and down just the spring wire. It seems cheaply made for german engineering.

1 - 6 of 6 Posts