Mercedes CLA Forum banner
21 - 40 of 48 Posts

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #23 ·
Yeah at this point just checking everything. Alreasy wasted a few thousand at the dealership for them to try to figure out whats wrong but they just keep suggesting to replace different parts each time.
Pretty sure they pressure and leak tested when the car was cold. One of the cracks if any probably expands and opens when the car heats up.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #24 ·
So not the actuator, have you checked all your electrical connections and to the boost sensor? It sounds like it may be electrical. What remap or tune are you running?
They replaced the primary boost sensor listed above in the first post. But not too sure on what other sensor or electrical component it could be.

·
Registered
35 Posts
Ok. Do you have any smoke coming from your exhaust that you may not have noticed?

Without seeing the car, and seeing that you have gone through just about everything, it may just be your turbo going south. There really isn’t anything else for you to check and a boost leak from 26+ psi down to 4-5 would be audible.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #27 ·
I havent noticed any unusual smoke.
Last thing that could be the issue is the connecting point for the actuator. Attaching a photo as an example on where. Theres a little play and its not sitting quite right where it should be. Thr actuator still looks like ots opens and closes tho.
Automotive tire Bicycle part Bumper Fender Automotive exterior

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #29 ·
Nope looks just like yours. Just eliminating things now to check.
So i noticed when i just drove. I got full boost but around a few seconds into the acceleration it dropped to around 5-6 psi.
When it did give me the full boost it was around 22.1 psi.

Still thinking its one of the hoses but still conflicting since the dealership did conduct a pressure and smoke leak test. And it passed. They even said the turbo was in good condition.

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #31 ·
Would a loose wastegate flapper be the cause?
The area where the actuator connects to the turbo seems to have alot of play. Moves beyond stop point ( little lip on turbo)

·
Registered
35 Posts
Would a loose wastegate flapper be the cause?
The area where the actuator connects to the turbo seems to have alot of play. Moves beyond stop point ( little lip on turbo)
Are you talking about the exhaust side of the turbo?

also you should be reading about 26 psi stock pressure. You are tuned so you should be reading a bit more.

·
Registered
1,709 Posts
This incredibly small tear was a huge headache for my car. It would cause an intermittent cel with temp fluctuations. Never rule something like this out. This is the pcv going back to the mani btw.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk

·
Registered
24 Posts
Discussion Starter · #38 ·
This incredibly small tear was a huge headache for my car. It would cause an intermittent cel with temp fluctuations. Never rule something like this out. This is the pcv going back to the mani btw.

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Will do thank you.
Taking everythibg apart tomorrow. Gonna do a deep cleaning of the sensors and hoses. And checking each hose. If not gonna do a turbo replacement since i dont wanna mess with replacing the actuator arm. Might as well repalce the entire unit if i dont find anything. Ill keep yall posted.

·
Registered
5 Posts
Any updates, I am getting this randomly on my 2014 CLA45... however it resets and is fine. I am wondering if its a pedal/TPS error causing a conflict. I would think if its truly mechanical it would be more constant

21 - 40 of 48 Posts