1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Afternoon all,

I'm new to this forum.

I recently got a cla 250 4 matic and currently loving every moment with my car
the issue i have is the air filter pipe/tube (from front of car grill to the air box) has melted away!

I have looked at the cla 45 air boxes and noticed it draws air in from the opposite side of the engine bay and not directly in front of the turbo.

If i purchased a cla 45 air box would it be a simple plug and play in the existing spot in the engine or would have have to fabricate it in, i've seen aftermarket air boxes and don't fancy forking out 600+ for a air box

Any help would be helpful

Thank all!

·
Registered
182 Posts
Afternoon all,

I'm new to this forum.

I recently got a cla 250 4 matic and currently loving every moment with my car
the issue i have is the air filter pipe/tube (from front of car grill to the air box) has melted away!

I have looked at the cla 45 air boxes and noticed it draws air in from the opposite side of the engine bay and not directly in front of the turbo.

If i purchased a cla 45 air box would it be a simple plug and play in the existing spot in the engine or would have have to fabricate it in, i've seen aftermarket air boxes and don't fancy forking out 600+ for a air box

Any help would be helpful

Thank all!
You would be better off buying an aftermarket air intake. I bought the AEM one it draws air from both the air inlets and only paid I believe it was $350.

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
Click Me! This is a cheaper alternative to the oem piece that fits perfectly! I wrapped it in gold tape to see if it helps shield the plastic.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
You would be better off buying an aftermarket air intake. I bought the AEM one it draws air from both the air inlets and only paid I believe it was $350.
Thank you for replying I’ll have a look into that I guess air coming in from both intakes is a added bonus

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
no real improvement. but the piece went in just like the oem would.

Reactions: NDunstan

·
Registered
1,669 Posts
this is a stock piece with no reroute. Odds are unless you protect the plastic in some way it will melt again. But it is much cheaper then the piece obtained from Mercedes. Just passing along savings to others.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter · #9 ·
this is a stock piece with no reroute. Odds are unless you protect the plastic in some way it will melt again. But it is much cheaper then the piece obtained from Mercedes. Just passing along savings to others.
Thanks so much going to give that a order, least I won’t have brittle pieces of plastic getting in

1 - 9 of 9 Posts