Mercedes CLA Forum banner

1 - 13 of 13 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello everyone,

New member here. I am in the GTA just east of Toronto and am looking for a reliable shop that does B5 service for a reasonable price for my CLA250/2016. The car is just out of warranty with 54Ks and doesn't have a pre-paid service agreement.

Thank you in advance!
Driss

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
Hi Driss and welcome to the CLA Forum :)
A Toronto area member will see your question and respond if able.
It will help to know how much are you quoted by the MB dealer for this service and if they would give you a loaner vehicle for that day.

·
Registered
143 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Thanks Tritron for the tip!
Your're absolutely correct in what's involved in the B5 service. I was just looking for a more reasonable than MB $700+tax option and give my business to a local shop for couple hundred dollars... But now you got me thinking :)
Do you know if I'd need a scanner to connect to my CLA to clear the "B5 service required warning" once these items are done or would it clear automatically? I'll be doing an oil change as well.
Cheers,
Driss

·
Registered
277 Posts
...sparkplugs are very easy to replace...
I would not say very easy. It took me a couple of hours. Esp. putting the air intake back on the turbo's intake was a pain in the butt. The intake tube has 2 layers to it, basically an inner tube and an outer tube (a protective shell) I ended up pulling out the inner tube a bit, gettin that on, then pushing on the outer tube back onto the inner tube.
The plugs btw do not necessarily need to be replaced at 50k.

·
Registered
1,232 Posts
I would not say very easy.....
Adding to coder's info : Key in "CLA250 Spark Plug Replacement (DIY Definitive Guide)" to the search field above and find Picard's thread dated 10/22/18.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I would not say very easy. It took me a couple of hours. Esp. putting the air intake back on the turbo's intake was a pain in the butt. The intake tube has 2 layers to it, basically an inner tube and an outer tube (a protective shell) I ended up pulling out the inner tube a bit, gettin that on, then pushing on the outer tube back onto the inner tube.
The plugs btw do not necessarily need to be replaced at 50k.
Thanks! Looks like I have my work cut out for me, althoughI feel relieved I don't have to replace the spark plug!
Driss

·
Registered
143 Posts
Removing air intake is not that hard you have to be careful not to break attached lines. It helps to loosen screws on throttle body. You can remove coils without disconnecting them

·
Registered
11,535 Posts
There are indeed procedure variants and subjectivity on complexity
But those plugs fall into the unnecessarily complicated bin compared to my older cars
Think I will do mine at 30k and video the chambers while I am at it

1 - 13 of 13 Posts